Facelift xenon retrofit (AFS, dyn. & static cornering)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
toreddu87
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Airlift performance - 3p - allestimento r facelift - monitor 2 din alpine da 8 pollici

Re: Facelift xenon retrofit (AFS, dyn. & static cornering)

Post by toreddu87 »

the side light and pin 10 in the right lighthouse? I connect pin 10 to pin 12 and then I take it to the bumper drl ??? now connected pin 8 10 12 to the positive bumper.
toreddu87
Options: Airlift performance - 3p - allestimento r facelift - monitor 2 din alpine da 8 pollici

Post by toreddu87 »

I tried but my led headlamp when the brightness goes down goes out. I ask for help thanks
Roy_01
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

What happens when you change the dimming to 2?
You cannot bridge the wiring when using dimming, pin 10 and 12 may not have any connection with each other.
toreddu87

Post by toreddu87 »

my current configuration and pin 8 10 and 12 together connected to the positive drl. when I put the value 2 the headlight led turns off. I do not know why
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

This way you only get full brightness.

12v sidelight bcm output + ~4,7V drl bcm output= DRL headlight output dimmed (or parking light brightness value put in vcp)

0V sidelight bcm output + ~6V drl bcm output = drl headlight output full brightness (or brightness you have set with vcds byte 24 bit 0-6 or with vcp daylight pin A7,a8 )

If you want dimming you have to stick with the original diagram keeping pin 10 and 12 seperated.
Last edited by Roy_01 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
toreddu87

Post by toreddu87 »

so how do I connect them ?? pin 8 to pin 12 of the lighthouse and pin 10 I take it to the positive bumper ???,
toreddu87

Post by toreddu87 »

I connected pins 8 and 10 together with the positive drl .. the 12 nn was connected. but it does not turn on. can I connect pin 12 to the low beam pin?
davidscirocco
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: panorama tilting roof, electric
"interlagos" alloy wheels
sport pack
RCD 510
air-contition Climatronic with dual- zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable

Post by davidscirocco »

did you connect the cables from kufatec to the BCM? A7 A8 C48 C49? if so before you connect them did you check your BCM if there are pins in the numbers A7 A8 C48 C49?
toreddu87

Post by toreddu87 »

La mia bcm e una 086q quindi nn ho collegato nessun pin perche mi funziona tutto senza avarie.dici che sia quello il problema? Hai lo schema della bcm ??
toreddu87

Post by toreddu87 »

davidscirocco wrote:did you connect the cables from kufatec to the BCM? A7 A8 C48 C49? if so before you connect them did you check your BCM if there are pins in the numbers A7 A8 C48 C49?
Tu come.li hai collegati?? A te funziona ??
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510
air-contition Climatronic with dual- zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable

Post by davidscirocco »

ok i dont speak italian ;) but i made a translate. well if you havent connect the pins to the BCM i think thats your problem. pin 12 from each headlight goes to A7 Left daytime running light bulb -L174- A8 Right daytime running light bulb -L175 its on Page 1209 that Roy sent you. correct me if im wrong Roy_01
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Hi i'm sorry i am very busy last weeks, so not much time for other things.
What David says is correct, use the wiring diagrams i shared and look at page 1049-1055 and 1209.
It's possible to re-use existing wiring but wouldn't connect it parallel to the seperate drl/side lights in the front bumper.
This will cause fault codes, just stick with the original diagram.
The facelift has only indicators where the pre facelift has drl/side lights in the front bumper.
BasilFX
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by BasilFX »

I'm also in the process of doing a Facelift Xenon retrofit on a MY2011 Scirocco from a friend of mine. We made a few small mistakes in the process and wanted them to share:

- The Kufatec Xenon wiring loom will not work (but you'll get plenty of wires to re-make your own wiring loom).
- The AFS module must be from a Scirocco. The full part number should be 5M0 907 357F Z0R. We bought one from a Tiguan, and we are unable to change the configuration from VCDS (request rejected/general reject). I now have a VCP cable, and I found the configuration parameters for the Scirocco, after which it should work just fine.
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Thank you BasilFX i have added this to the first post.
Can't you change the .zdc file for the Tiguan unit and load the Scirocco .zdc file with vagcan pro?
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510

Post by davidscirocco »

im about to do the facelift xenons this weekend. i pass all the cables i need to my footwell and all its left its to connect the cables to the gateway fusebox change my bcm and connect the new cables to my new bcm and last but not least coding. i saw BasilFX comment about the afs and i dont know my afs where was it taken from. but in case it doesnt work where can i find the .zdc file for the scirocco and how hard is it to load it?
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

You wil need vag can pro to load it, this program also has the files available when licensed.
I would just connect it and try out.
BasilFX

Post by BasilFX »

The ZDC file specifically for the Sicrocco is available for download using VCP. This video describes the process: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't had success (yet), probably because I forgot the checkbox 'Erase Full Memory'. I do have different problems with the car now, like power windows not working (but they do lower when opening the door).

@davidscirocco: I cannot reply to DM's yet, but if you get the error 'No End-of-Line Programming', you need the ZDC file.
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510

Post by davidscirocco »

You mean the windows dont go automatic up or down? If so close the window then press the window to close again and hold it for 3- 5 seconds and it will be fixed
Roy_01

Post by Roy_01 »

Sometimes using vcp i think it stops certain coded functions.
I had it with the navigation arrows in the mfd not showing after setup lights with vcp.
Unchecked navigation in the can gateway installation list and rechecked and everything was fine.
Or maybe what David says is the problem that you have to relearn the end positions of the window.
BasilFX

Post by BasilFX »

Its not the relearn thing: the sun roof isn’t working as well, and also folded mirrors with keyfob (which I coded) dont work. Things happened after lights coding with VCP (rear led), so I’ll try to enable and disable in the gateway.