Options Feedback

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Options Feedback

Post by wigit »

Thought it may be useful to give some feedback on options for potential owners:

folding mirrors, yes, as live in city and also retract at speed and uselful for tight coutnry lanes, the floor on the puddle lights is they light the car not the floor when the mirros are folded
dynaudio, yes, love the sound
dab, jury still out, you lose the TIM function for recording traffic news, sound quality excellant compared to FM, bee sting ariel may not be to everyones taste
leather, yes, really soft and enjoyed the heated seats this morning, love the retro look
electric drives seat, yes, you can do very fine adjustment easily whislt on the move and easiy to get comfortable
parking sensors, yes, they make life easier for me and other half, spoil the rear but so does hitting a low object
cruise, yes, used it a few times and helps keep the speed down and legal
winter pack, yes, to early to tell but will no doubt be used over the next few months
mats, i have dealer ones, they work out more expensive but look great and branded and you should get the dealer ones for free when haggling
pedals, yes, lifts the interior
sills, yes for protection purposes, premium ones are quite bling though
boot liner, yes nicely engineered, has a little lip around it

i'm not a sunroof person and really like the manual, i have had two mornings of rush hour crawl and found the clutch light

wish they had some nets in the boot for holding luggage down and a net under the parcel shelf like GTI and some A3s

manual gear knob may get swapped for a GTI ED 30 number for the full retro feel
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
robrob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Re: Options Feedback

Post by robrob »

See my remarks in bold...
andy wrote:Thought it may be useful to give some feedback on options for potential owners:

folding mirrors, yes, as live in city and also retract at speed and uselful for tight coutnry lanes - Agree, Agree, although not sure why you would retract them at speed???
leather, yes, really soft and enjoyed the heated seats this morning, love the retro look - Love the leather too
electric drives seat, yes, you can do very fine adjustment easily whislt on the move and easiy to get comfortable - only matters really if you are not the only driver
parking sensors, yes, they make life easier for me and other half, spoil the rear but so does hitting a low object - A must!
cruise, yes, used it a few times and helps keep the speed down and legal - Another must if you do any motorway driving
winter pack, yes, to early to tell but will no doubt be used over the next few months - Yap
sills, yes for protection purposes, premium ones are quite bling though - I must get some...

i'm not a sunroof person - Didn't have one in my last two cars, and it's a shame it doesn’t slide, but it does give the car a lovely airy feel and I love it..

Let me just add Sat-Nav - best graphics I have seen on a built in unit, only thing is annoying it doesnt have full postcode (eveything but last two digits)