That Rocco

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
mvb12
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box

That Rocco

Post by mvb12 »

So been on here a little while..... time to start a thread me thinks!

Met up with a few of the VAG boys at Ladybower in the Peak district and snake road A57, was a very enjoyable drive.

So with most of the cars being Mk5 the Rocco was Bossing.

Very good turn out and the Rocco took center stage

xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Re: That Rocco

Post by xjay1337 »

:)
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
mvb12

Post by mvb12 »

Forgot to mention.... Booked into R Tech for a Stage 1 Mapping Session.
xjay1337
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Double smiley face! :)

are you going to do any other mods?

An intake will help massively. Get a Revo one if you do.
click for build thread
mvb12

Post by mvb12 »

Will be at Niki on Saturday so see what he says in relation to best flowing mods.

Plus point is coming from having a BWA and now CDL i know the engine.

I sold all my stuff off my old car that could have easily went on this, but at the time i was sure i was getting the 7R it made sense to sell all the bits......

Will get the REVO cam coated CAI at some point (another item i should have kept).

Hows your motor going?
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Revo for flow on k04 engines :D

Relentless 3.5" DP if you want some decent exhaust breathing

It's annoying when you end up back in a similar platform car, so much you could have done but at the same time sometimes it's nice to start a new :)

mines fine :) just puffing along haha.
click for build thread
mvb12

Post by mvb12 »

such is life i guess. haha

Been looking into the relentless DP, from what i underdstand its only 3.5" at the flange (i could be wrong as not had that confirmed) and drops down to 3" thereafter but its meant to be the perfect fit/size for best "flow".
mvb12

Post by mvb12 »

So i picked up this little beauty. which i will get to fitting after the Remap.

who knows what this is? :lol:

xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Fit it before remap! :) or take it with you im sure niki will fit it!

You're right about the dp.
The start is 3.5inch and then tapers to 3. Important thing is the 3.5 at the flange end so turbo has no restrictions :)
click for build thread
mvb12

Post by mvb12 »

xjay1337 wrote:Fit it before remap! :) or take it with you im sure niki will fit it!

You're right about the dp.
The start is 3.5inch and then tapers to 3. Important thing is the 3.5 at the flange end so turbo has no restrictions :)
I might actually bring it with me as i dont have time today and tomorrrow its an early start to get to Niki
mvb12

Post by mvb12 »

So i took the trip to R-Tech on Saturday.
I managed to fit the GFB DV+ (pre mapping) so boost would be better held one hoped. :happy2:

So Niki got to work and car stock dyno'd at 269/274 which saw me start grinning as quoted out the factory is 265/258. :grin:

So the magician got to work and whilst this was going on and I was talking to the R-Tech Lads, my mind was constantly thinking about what power I would make for stage 1 :ashamed:

Was expecting a strong 300-310hp, but the Rocco done me proud. 319/336 :notworthy:

So the drive home was wet and as such, couldn't really push on and see what this R-Tech stage one is all about.

Sunday was itching for a blast so i headed out to some of my "private roads" and got cracking.

The power delivery is smooth, completely different to my REVO map on my GTI, which was very aggressive but this "linear" approach enables you
to get more power down and get on it a lot quicker.

The figures are bloody impressive as its near enough close to my REVO figures on stage 3 with all the supporting mods, but I guess that's the difference between Generic Vs "Niki" custom mapping.

Whilst there i took the liberty of taking a few more pics

mvb12

Post by mvb12 »

boost gauge in the drivers side air vent does anyone make them for the Rocco?

front and rear bonnet and bootlid VW emblems in gloss black. where to get them and whats the quality like, any issues?
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Great result on the dyno mate. Niki certainly does know his stuff :-)
Good thing is if you spend another £500 you'll jump up to about 340! And a further £500 on top and you can be closer to 380 but have huge midrange gains from the HPFP upgrade.

Ebay for the badges.

Regarding the vent, no candoosville. I have looked and tried. I ended up getting a Polar FIS. :)
click for build thread
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Im pleased you mentioned the linear map, im used to the revo map on my old gt and im booked in for r-tech next week and hoping for linear also! Do you prefer it in comparison to the revo maps aggressive throttle?
Phil
Psycho Kirky
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: MODS-
K&N Typhoon Induction kit
BCS Powervalve custom sport TBE
REVO Stage 2 remap
Airtec Stage 2 Intercooler
Forge diverter/recirculation valve
Sachs Performance clutch
'Heavy Set' silicone hoses
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

Im sure P3 do a vent gauge?

Sent Via tapatalk
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Psycho Kirky wrote:Im sure P3 do a vent gauge?

Sent Via tapatalk
Plugs into OBD though , and costs more than Polar and is naff! Polar provides far more details and looks better IMO.

Up to him of course tho.
click for build thread
Psycho Kirky
REVO Stage 2 remap
Sachs Performance clutch
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

Yeh i saw the price, its rediculous but I havt seen a review or video on its performance etc. I'd like a simple analogue Turbo Smart boost guage :D

Sent Via tapatalk
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

New south do a gauge that matches OEM cluster :)
White background blue needle
click for build thread
Psycho Kirky
REVO Stage 2 remap
Sachs Performance clutch
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

xjay1337 wrote:New south do a gauge that matches OEM cluster :)
White background blue needle
I will have to check it out!

Sent Via tapatalk
mvb12

Post by mvb12 »

xjay1337 wrote:Great result on the dyno mate. Niki certainly does know his stuff :-)
Good thing is if you spend another £500 you'll jump up to about 340! And a further £500 on top and you can be closer to 380 but have huge midrange gains from the HPFP upgrade.

Ebay for the badges.

Regarding the vent, no candoosville. I have looked and tried. I ended up getting a Polar FIS. :)
Thanks for that Mate,

considering that its just a stage one with a GFB DV+ and made almost as much as my stage 3 GTI did i'm well chuffed.

be good to see if she can reach the 400+ hp club as tbh not looking to go hybrid so its all about ensuring the maintenence side is well taken car of to keep her happy.

still not go round to ordering the black badges which hopefully i'll sort out over the weekend.

POLAR FIS hmmmmmmm really dont like looking at the PSI or BAR on the Polar FIS as find it takes your eyes off the road too long and with the Boost gauge, its more easier to see due to the needle (thats just my experience with it for boost reading). but the Polar FIS is a really good product for all the other info it unlocks so i suppose the POLAR will go on the list.