Sagging interior roof lining

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
leekb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Sagging interior roof lining

Post by leekb »

Lately I realized the rear view from the mirror had shrunk somewhat. On closer inspection, the interior roof lining had sagged. This is after on the road in hot tropical climate for just 5 years. Got the entire roof lining replaced by the professional earlier today. This problem seems to plague many Continental makes. The Japanese makes seem to be relatively free from annoying problem like this.

Last edited by leekb on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bitmadmax

Re: Sagging interior roof lining

Post by bitmadmax »

That's crazy :eek: Sure there wasn't a big pool of water in there..
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
pedrotsi
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box
Options: Vanilla spec, DSG stage 1, Stage 3 K04, Forge Twintercooler, VWR Intake, Eibach springs, Ksport Monoblock 355mm 6pots.

Post by pedrotsi »

This happened to me in thailaind too after i parked uncovered for 3 days, My cars ia bout the same age, also happened in my friends m6, lucky its fairly cheap to fix.
mjamuka
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Post by mjamuka »

I need to remove my roof liner so I can fix the sagging. Is the a video that shows how to do this or can anyone help me
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Post by bigkris06 »

Is it just the bit at the back? If so I’d be inclined to just glue it back up unless there is a reason like a leak or something causing it to sag, you would if of a hot climate need to use something heat resistant (there is heat resistant spray glue, I used it when doing a camper van conversion to glue the insulation to stop it coming away due to heat) my car is 13 years old now and there no sign of movement but in the uk we rarely get massively hot weather (usually rain lol) so if it was stuck at the factory (I’m not sure as I’ve never had reason to drop mine) this may be the cause.
When the boot is open, pull the seal away and you soul be able to see what’s going on.
If there is no real cause of it dropping that’s the way id go about it.
Hope this helps