Goodbye to the frog :(

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Goodbye to the frog :(

Post by Ryy »

So it may never have been everyone's cup of tea, but it was mine, unique and I loved it. Now the time has come to let it go. All being well, tomorrow it will be traded in for my next venture.

A mix of not using it much, it not being practical for snowboarding / MTB, people making comments (which is ok sometimes, but can get annoying when people ask you to wind your window down... and then get annoyed when I don't!?!?!) and also for the future of distance driving..... means I've decided to trade in.

I didn't want to sell privately, heard some horror stories and to be fair, wanted it swiftly moved on and it probably would of took long to sell it. Got a good price, though for 30,000 miles and the excellent condition (no wheel scuffs, mint bodywork) it would of fetched more privately.

Remap is a must for any 2.0TSI cars and I'll miss the pano roof and folding mirrors :(

It's been a blast, I've thankfully met lots of people from here, some of whom have moved on and especially one person who is no longer with us (still wish I learned more off you RW1!!!)

I will be selling a few things from the car when I get back later, putting it back to stock (but keeping the SPS switch for my next car!) and then off to view houses! lol.

Treasure your Rocco's people. They're much more than a Golf in a frock!!!!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: Goodbye to the frog :(

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Sad to see you go fella.
Another longstanding member moving on. What car you getting next then?
Best of luck with your new car
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Ryy
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Yup, it will be long goodbye... Just finished getting the alloy pedals off, so all done now.

Only got a still from the video, but here:

A4 Avant Quattro, Black Edition

Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Still a blinding looking car mate and as long as you loved it that's the main thing.

All the best :yes:
Phil
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Good luck Ryy! Great looking Roc you had there! What was with the window winding down bit? Didn't get that.
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Ryy wrote:Yup, it will be long goodbye... Just finished getting the alloy pedals off, so all done now.

Only got a still from the video, but here:

A4 Avant Quattro, Black Edition

I do like these cars so nice choice. What engine did you go for?
I thought you was looking at a5/s5 ?
Out of interest what bits are you planning on selling..
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
selleym
In: Deep Black
Options: Mirror Pack

Mods:
Bonnet Struts
Metal Pedals

Post by selleym »

Are you wanting some bonnet struts now? ;)
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Haha no I'm good. Just curious as I'm after some gloss black mirror caps.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:I do like these cars so nice choice. What engine did you go for?
I thought you was looking at a5/s5 ?
Out of interest what bits are you planning on selling..
I am STILL looking for A5/S5, just right now, the 2nd car is an A3 and mine was the biggest value to chop in for what we need (if that makes sense), either way, it makes sense for this one.

Went for 2.0TDI 177PS. My SPS switch will work in regards to a remap, so jut got to get a decent deal with REVO now (£400 ain't bad, but would prefer some £££ off!!! - I'll try sweeping the "I'm a loyal 2nd time user! lol" - btw, yeah, calling REVO has been done. Well, it's good to get the important things down.

I did have a strut/A-R brace made by UR, but sold it to a mate who has been nagging for it for a while. I had some carbon inners that have gone, with grey originals back on the dash.

So, now just:

OEM Premium Mats
Aluminium pedals (with tool and GT foot rest)
Pack of 4 unused sealed VW valve caps.
Spare front and rear badges (top line up nipple is missing the front and 2/3 of the rear big badge are missing) so would be great for someone to practice colours on (sanding etc) or if someone is half decent with the stick tape to line it up themselves. They'd be best to be picked up or a couple of nicker for postage like.
OEM MDI (MEDIA-IN) cable (000-051-446-C)

Not much, but people were nabbing stuff off me who I know who have Rocco's

The wing caps were wrapped by Chameleon in Daventry btw. NIce and easy. I'd highly recommend the Grille being done too by him. So much more sexier.
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

philjay92 wrote:Still a blinding looking car mate and as long as you loved it that's the main thing.

All the best :yes:
Thanks. I did indeed. Went with just under 30k miles, BUT, 15k of those were re-mapped and the other 10 roughly were the first couple of years I had it and was fine with it until I unleashed the beast! lol.
skippy wrote:Good luck Ryy! Great looking Roc you had there! What was with the window winding down bit? Didn't get that.
People constantly coming to the side of me asking me things "Yo, what's that pushing" or "sikk whip mate, what engine is that?" etc. Always catching people by it in car parks, but the worst was when someone followed me home (god knows how long for) to ask some questions about it. I stayed up a whole week, sleeping after work until 12pm worried, even though it was in a garage. Was a while back, but still put me off. It was always garaged after that.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

good luck Ryy real fan of the avant in that colour combo
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

Cheers Wigit, and thanks for all your help along the way.

Just noticed my motor is up for sale daan saaf: http://www.clearwaterautomotive.co.uk/v ... e400d4ac8c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW, is Chameleon still going?
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Chameleon are now RTK Graphics and at Revo's HQ in Daventry, he did the lip work on my R
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Frostypaw
Options: REVO Stage 1, full ABT bodykit incl rims, black VW logos, otherwise debadged, pano sunroof, folding heated mirrors, dcc, lowered 25/30mm, dynaudio, satnav, full leather, extra woof

Post by Frostypaw »

I was wondering where the cable and mats had gone....
don't be fooled by the 'roc that i've got
AxG
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Full leather, HT Splitter, Dectane DRL's, AP coilovers, 19" Porsche 911 alloys, cc'd side strips and badges.

Post by AxG »

Did you leave the badges on when you sold ?

I'll buy the black ones if you still have them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

I brought those myself, hence I'm taking them with me!

Black badges were on it when I traded in mate.