Tom's Bagged TDiR : FULL 2016 R Fakelift - NOW SOLD - 11 Aug

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
erics67
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: 2.0 TSI 220
Keyless - Xenon - Park Assist - Dynaudio Excite - Glass Roof

Re: UKtom's Candy White OEM+ Rocco - Wheels are here!

Post by erics67 »

I love yout cat ;)
2015 Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0 TSI 220 R-Line Ultra Violet
sc cal
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Candy White

Post by sc cal »

Damn!!, that looks awsome and it is painfull to see the scratch :(
Tom
Options: #TeamAF

INSTAGRAM: @tomhamsyo
Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Cheers for the comments guys, glad you like them! :)

Tonight I am sealing the wheels - I purchased some C Quartz wheel sealant after reading reviews on detailingworld, can't wait to get them on and fitted tomorrow evening! :D

Tyre update: The company aren't claiming any liability for the scratch on the wheel. They are claiming "it came out of the box like it" despite me checking beforehand!!!! Anyone reckon its worth going through small claims?

Tom
http://www.autofinesse.co.uk
DM me for Scirocco Central exclusive Autofinesse discounts/freebies with your next order!
JamesR
I drive a: Scirocco R
With a: DSG box

Post by JamesR »

I had kwik fit mobile come out to swap to tyres while I was at work I saw out of the window the tyre fitter using a crowbar to get he old tyre off when I ran outside he had taken a big scratch out of the black finish on the talladegas I have on mine. Both of my front ones have marks in them. I took it further but got nowhere!
tommoporter47
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green

Post by tommoporter47 »

Hey Tom this thing is coming along nicely man wheels look mint, shame about the damage. If they people you used to fit them are on social media (most people are these days) put it on there they seem to react better to that than emails as its more public! worth a try any way. Hope you can get it sorted and get them to pay for the damage bro.
:clap:
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

JamesR wrote:I had kwik fit mobile come out to swap to tyres while I was at work I saw out of the window the tyre fitter using a crowbar to get he old tyre off when I ran outside he had taken a big scratch out of the black finish on the talladegas I have on mine. Both of my front ones have marks in them. I took it further but got nowhere!
tommoporter47 wrote:Hey Tom this thing is coming along nicely man wheels look mint, shame about the damage. If they people you used to fit them are on social media (most people are these days) put it on there they seem to react better to that than emails as its more public! worth a try any way. Hope you can get it sorted and get them to pay for the damage bro.
:clap:
Thanks guys, what a nightmare! I'm still undecided what to do, it's basically my word against theirs... :shrug:

On the plus side, these arrived tonight, that's point 4 off of the list :lol:...

This is also my current task this evening...

Can't wait for gti international now! Almost there! 1 day to go...
Last edited by Tom on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DM me for Scirocco Central exclusive Autofinesse discounts/freebies with your next order!
Dubber13
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black

Post by Dubber13 »

The wheels are looking good!!
The damage is a shame who ever fitted the must have cocked up bad. I'm a tyre fitter and we never have any sort of metal come in contact with the wheel only rubber protectors. So it's very hard to damage something. But we also take photos of anything slightly special just I case something does happen and if it does we pay our straight away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
finetrond

Post by finetrond »

Nice rims for sure. 235's on a 10" rim, fair bit of stretch. 255's recommended as minimum for that size rim, but i suppose that recommedndation is like speedlimits. It's just that, a recommendation.
Looking forward to see them on the car, and if you may let us know how the tires are to drive on. Looking for some new tires my self
Collector of warning lights.
Paddy_R

Post by Paddy_R »

Go back and make as much fuss as you can. The guy that did it was clearly incompetent and shouldn't be fitting tyres. Ask to see their public liability insurance and note who it was with, is usually displayed on the wall somewhere. I'm guessing that do this regularly and they're hoping that you just go away. Don't. And be a total pain in the ass.

Technically it also meets the criminal definition of criminal damage so you could threaten them with the Police too though how interested they would be would be debatable. It would be handy if a friend or two saw them in the boxes jut before you went to the tyre place as well. That's not going to be cheap to fix properly, possibly better getting a new wheel as you probably know.
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate the advice! finetrond - the 235/35's are fairly crashy, not too comfortable to drive with but needs must as otherwise they will be rubbing the arches!

GTI International was a success today, wheels were on in time and was a great day meeting everyone :D

Tom
easyrider
In: Deep Black
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

awesome car, looks so good.
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

easyrider wrote:awesome car, looks so good.
Thanks man, appreciate it :D was good meeting you at inters!

Another pic from the weekend...

Air is very much needed now! :hyper:

Tom
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Took some photos today... The side shot makes me realise that R skirts are badly needed! Next on my mod list :eyepop: also going to attempt to dewiper tomorrow :)

Tom
Jimijokela
Options: Airlift Performance suspension, Work Emitz 10"x19", 10.5"x19", R-bodykit and exhaust, Mk7 flat bottom steering wheel, remap, carbon interior, fully working Facelift R bi-xenons.

Re: UKtom's Candy White OEM+

Post by Jimijokela »

Rear is going to look 100% better without rear wiper. It shouldnt be a problem. Just dont use vagcom and select that your car doesnt have it.. You'll lose front windscreen washers.. :D The pump will try to put water on rear window when your washing front. :D
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Jimijokela wrote:Rear is going to look 100% better without rear wiper. It shouldnt be a problem. Just dont use vagcom and select that your car doesnt have it.. You'll lose front windscreen washers.. :D The pump will try to put water on rear window when your washing front. :D
hahaha! Thanks dude! I didn't get round to doing the wiper, but it's still on my to do list. I'll remember that about vagcom, probably think I'll just leave it :D ;)

Today I decided to make a start on refurbing my standard wheels as they will be going back on the car next month for winter. I thought I'd give it a go myself as there is always a lot more satisfaction rather than paying for someone else to do it for you!

I started by giving them a good clean, getting rid of any brake dust and dirt:

I then got the tyres removed and etched the surface with 240 grit:

Once this was done, I used P38 filler to fix the kerbing:

I then proceeded to sand the face again but this time with 400 grit. Once smooth, I did the face of the wheel once more with 800 grit and this was the final result (plus I managed to sand my hand without realising!):

It took me 4 hours to do the one wheel, but I'm so happy with it; just need to do the other three now!

Oh... And to choose a colour! :hyper:

Tom
benny1703
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: black badges

Post by benny1703 »

Good effort on the wheels mate! what colour you thinking of going for? Dark bronze would look awesome, something like this:

Got any plans with the boot lurking in your garage too?
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Cheers Ben! :D bronze is a mega shout! I was originally thinking silver or anthracite as I'm not keen on bold colours (my friends keep telling me to do teal!) but bronze looks real subtle and I'm a big fan... I think some photoshopping is in order ;)

Damnit also! Didn't realise the boot was in the picture hahaha. I bought the boot from gazzagood last month - at some point I want to smooth it to replace mine :)

Tom
Gazzagood
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue

Post by Gazzagood »

Nice bootlid in the garage :P
Jimijokela
Options: Airlift Performance suspension, Work Emitz 10"x19", 10.5"x19", R-bodykit and exhaust, Mk7 flat bottom steering wheel, remap, carbon interior, fully working Facelift R bi-xenons.

Post by Jimijokela »

Next wheel for winter.. Wot? :D
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

UKtom wrote:standard wheels as they will be going back on the car next month for winter.
Wow your keen!!! I'm giving mine a little longer than that haha
Phil