Scirocco CR170 "Project Racek0r"

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Mij
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Re: Scirocco CR170 "Project Racek0r"

Post by Mij »

I love seeing this thread and its updates every time! Would you let me know if you ever have issues come MOT time Re- DPF Removal? It is something i am seriously contemplating and want to know if it is an issue. I have heard they will be clamping down on it next year but don't see how they can.
If you have no issues, then i will go ahead with it!
xjay1337
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Hello mate.
There are no new rules, they have been existing for a time.
Technically you have to have a DPF . But in most cases you will be fine. If you are worried, have them cut, gut and weld your standard downpipe. That will pass the MOT.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
xjay1337
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Image20160503_112909 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Mtech 310mm grooved discs, Pagid OEM pads.

Image20160503_110846 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Alex (at AKS Tuning) made me a bead rolled link pipe to connect between the MAF housing (the MAF doesn't come out of the housing like it does on the PD engines... I will see if I can use a PD maf sensor).

Image20160503_155646 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

I had bought the heat shield from Forge Motorsport a while ago. And Alex got me a Revo filter (used in their TFSI intake systems).
Finished article :

Image20160503_161438 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr
click for build thread
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Almost make the 2 month and 3 day wait worth it.

Image20160531_140502-01 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

It is sods law though, as I have dropped the car with Bobby , my ECU for a few weeks to work his magic so they won't be going in until I get the car back, likely to be around the middle of June.
We are going for the first upgraded fuel pump on a 2.0tdi cr in the uk.
click for build thread
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

I got them fitted... :-)

ImageFB_IMG_1465848031428-01 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Also, have the car back from Bobby's with the new fuel pump. Believe we are the first car in the UK running a CP3 daily without any drivability issues.
Absolutely flies now. Dyno is getting done on Thursday so will update then.
It was booked for Monday dyno but with the issue getting the seats fitted never had a chance.
click for build thread
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Did some track time at Donnington over the weekend.
Other than a few over-zealous idiots (there were 2 red flags within first 10 minutes of my session plus a Mk7 R nearly crashed into the back of me where I can out brake him) after pulling into the pits for 20 minutes to let everyone calm down, I went back out and it was great.

Car performed brilliantly other than again EGT and Inlet air limiters causing a slight cutting of boost when it was real hot... over 50 degree charge temps even with the cooler! But with the amount of boost we are running, what can you do.

Only thing that is needed is an oil cooler as I'm hitting 120 degrees in 3 or 4 laps (120 degrees is my max oil temp I am prepared to run to) so I'm going to speak with Alex and we are going to come up with a solution and run 10w50 oil instead of 5w40

Pics were pretty good so I got a couple from Motorsport in Focus and edited them to make them nicer.. no idea why they use 1000 iso in bright sunlight. :grin:

ImageCARS8154-3 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

ImageCARS7935-2 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr
click for build thread
Psycho Kirky
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: MODS-
K&N Typhoon Induction kit
BCS Powervalve custom sport TBE
REVO Stage 2 remap
Airtec Stage 2 Intercooler
Forge diverter/recirculation valve
Sachs Performance clutch
'Heavy Set' silicone hoses
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

xjay1337 wrote:Did some track time at Donnington over the weekend.
Other than a few over-zealous idiots (there were 2 red flags within first 10 minutes of my session plus a Mk7 R nearly crashed into the back of me where I can out brake him) after pulling into the pits for 20 minutes to let everyone calm down, I went back out and it was great.

Car performed brilliantly other than again EGT and Inlet air limiters causing a slight cutting of boost when it was real hot... over 50 degree charge temps even with the cooler! But with the amount of boost we are running, what can you do.

Only thing that is needed is an oil cooler as I'm hitting 120 degrees in 3 or 4 laps (120 degrees is my max oil temp I am prepared to run to) so I'm going to speak with Alex and we are going to come up with a solution and run 10w50 oil instead of 5w40

Pics were pretty good so I got a couple from Motorsport in Focus and edited them to make them nicer.. no idea why they use 1000 iso in bright sunlight. :grin:

ImageCARS8154-3 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

ImageCARS7935-2 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr
Looks brilliant, very smart!
I also get high oil temperatures especially when driving 'spiritedly' and I am planning on getting some sort of after market oil cooler before I do any track days as even on a steady 70mph motorway run I am hitting 108-111 degrees in this weather.

I hit 119 degrees when bedding my brakes in last weekend! :O

Must be the mods [emoji14]

Great pics and nice bonnet too!

Sent Via tapatalk
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Cheers dude.

I think the TSI's run a bit hotter than the diesels anyway but especially this time of year it's a bit toasty!
I'm booked in on the 10th for a thermostatic oil cooler, my mate Alex at AKS is doing it. so we should be able to keeps more like 95-100.
120 is the absolute max i'm prepared to run, my oil is good for 125 sustained and 150 peak but i suspect that at 125 sump temperature the oil in the head is already at a high temperature.

regarding further engine tuning.

Wanted to update RE the engine tuning

CP3 on. Also able to retain engine cover.

Image20160703_134258 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Bobby spent a great deal of time on the car and we have an excellent tune for the time being.

I've done about 2500 miles on the CP3 since installation, on road, strip and track - and not had a single issue with rail pressure (or anything else actual. no CEL, no limp, no stuttering)
The car is very much stronger now, we have such an improvement in the mid to top end, it feels like when you go from stock car to remapped all over again!

We have got a good improvement in 1/4 mile terminal speed.

Original Darkside tune was 96-97
Bobby's Tune was 98-99
CP3 pump on we are doing consistent 102-103mph terminal speed - A great real world improvement.

We have further developments in the work but we need extra bits of engine for that...we will get around to that.
today i gave it a service on my lunch break.

[Image20160718_142136 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Image20160718_145336 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Now running 10w50 millers nanodrive which is more suited to consistent high temps and abuse..
got quite a few bits planned in August..which involves drills, gaffa tape and swearing (most likely).

next i need to service the bike lol :-)
also my 3rd brake light has decided to pack up.. joys of having a 170k motor, all the little bits start breaking
click for build thread
kieran_67
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Leather heated interior, panoramic sun roof and folding mirrors, parking sensors, adjustable dampening suspesion

Post by kieran_67 »

truly inspirational.
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

I was able to source a wing from one of the Miltek Cup Cars.

Yes, you need to drill into your boot.
It's currently being hydro dipped in a carbon effect finish to somewhat match the bonnet and a few other nice little bits... Also got a few other bits planned, I will update fully hopefully by the middle of September.
click for build thread
Psycho Kirky
REVO Stage 2 remap
Sachs Performance clutch
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

xjay1337 wrote:I was able to source a wing from one of the Miltek Cup Cars.

Yes, you need to drill into your boot.
It's currently being hydro dipped in a carbon effect finish to somewhat match the bonnet and a few other nice little bits... Also got a few other bits planned, I will update fully hopefully by the middle of September.
That spoiler [emoji14] [emoji14] nice find! Any news/pics/review on that oil cooler you were getting? Cheers :D

Sent Via tapatalk
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

It didn't get done, Alex couldn't fit me in so we need to reschedule. When it's done I'll get some pics!
click for build thread
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

click for build thread
Psycho Kirky
REVO Stage 2 remap
Sachs Performance clutch
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

Sweeeeeet!

Sent Via tapatalk
mvb12
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pure White

Post by mvb12 »

Jheeeeeze!!! :clap:
tommy
In: Viper Green
Options: 19" Lugano anthricate alloy wheels
DSG gearbox
Cup Spoiler
Heated leather seats
VR Cold-Air intake
BCS Full Turbo Back 200 Cell Sport exhaust with black ceramic tips
RNS-510
Ecotech Performance remapped
Forge big brake kits 6 pots 356mm front
Forge big brake kits 4 pots 330mm rear

Post by tommy »

Loving that spoiler!!!!!! :clap:
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

Cheers guys :) so happy with the end result lol.
click for build thread
tommy
DSG gearbox
Cup Spoiler
Heated leather seats
VR Cold-Air intake
RNS-510

Post by tommy »

xjay1337 wrote:Cheers guys :) so happy with the end result lol.
So the spoiler is hydro dipped? It looks spot on mate! What's the finish like? Does it require lacquer to finish off?
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

tommy wrote:
So the spoiler is hydro dipped? It looks spot on mate! What's the finish like? Does it require lacquer to finish off?
Yup . It comes in Fibreglass from the supplier, its not available in carbon. Inside the fibreglass it has a metal core for the supports.

Finish is very good as hopefully you can see from the pics.
If you want i can put up more pics from another angle.
The backs of the winglets are not laquered so i can show the difference between the laquered and unlaquered as the rest of it is ?

Btw - it should be laquered for top durability
click for build thread
tommy
DSG gearbox
Cup Spoiler
Heated leather seats
VR Cold-Air intake
RNS-510

Post by tommy »

xjay1337 wrote:
tommy wrote:
Yup . It comes in Fibreglass from the supplier, its not available in carbon. Inside the fibreglass it has a metal core for the supports.

Finish is very good as hopefully you can see from the pics.
If you want i can put up more pics from another angle.
The backs of the winglets are not laquered so i can show the difference between the laquered and unlaquered as the rest of it is ?

Btw - it should be laquered for top durability
That would be ace if you don't mind! Thanks! :yes: I have been thinking of hydro dipping a few bits but was worried about the durability and the actual finish.