Scirocco facelift spied in the US

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Re: Scirocco facelift spied in the US

Post by uklee »

the_winner wrote:The bumpers of the new scirocco 2014 facelift :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-SCIROCCO-3 ... 1307334611" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How on earth did he get hold of them ??

Some interesting notes are
recessed parking sensors on the rear and front bumpers ?
where do the indicators / sidelights go ?

Nospheratu
I drive a: Scirocco R
With a: DSG box
Options: | Dynaudio | Panoramic Sunroof |

Post by Nospheratu »

Awesome find!

From the listing description its the R-Line kit so not exactly the facelift but I'm thinking the rear bumper should be an exact match to thr new R. I'm loving those vents! :D

I'll try to do a mockup using the new bumper tomorrow.
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Yes - I don't understand how we can be sure that these are 2014 spec bumpers as VW have not revealed to the world yet.

I think it is quite feasible though given the styling from the MK7 Golf and Golf R.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

sounds like indicators will be integral top headlights and GTI style fogs
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

Same bloke is selling a roof spoiler too - new for 2014 ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-SCIROCCO-R ... 2a36a26454
the_winner
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Sport and Style Package ,Parktronic Sensors, Alarm

Post by the_winner »

seller:
They are facelift bumper 2013/2014 R line edition (they are not Scirocco R type). They never been fitted before, they are too new for me to tell what LED can be fitted. The only feedback I have its they will fit the previous R line edition cars as a straight replacement. cheers
1 6 D
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: RCD510 with 8 speakers
Climatronic
Cruise Control
tinted rear windows
aerial in rear window
MFA Plus
Multi function steering wheel

Self-added:
Cornering fog lights
Coming Home
Leaving Home
4 stop bulbs at rear
Folding mirrors+ambiente lights+memory

Post by 1 6 D »

I have to check ETKA with last update, if are there some new parts.
chrisyboyc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Leather,Criuse Control, Dynaudio possible RS6 alloys if i have cash

Post by chrisyboyc »

I've just read in Auto Express that although the facelift is due in March at Geneva it wont go on sale until August. My car has 122,000 miles on the clock and by August nearly 140,000 although everything is great with my car and runs faultlessly, I don't know if I can wait that long. looks like its a nearly new Audi A5 for me then unless VW pull there finger out.
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there
Gray170TDI
Options: Used to have one

Post by Gray170TDI »

chrisyboyc wrote:I've just read in Auto Express that although the facelift is due in March at Geneva it wont go on sale until August. My car has 122,000 miles on the clock and by August nearly 140,000 although everything is great with my car and runs faultlessly, I don't know if I can wait that long. looks like its a nearly new Audi A5 for me then unless VW pull there finger out.
Great mileage there :clap: . Does the 170 TDI get much better with mileage??
skippy

Post by skippy »

If the facelift goes on sale in August, then I would not anticipate first deliveries until Oct/Nov, so it is quite a while to wait for anyone wanting to change.
chrisyboyc

Post by chrisyboyc »

skippy wrote:If the facelift goes on sale in August, then I would not anticipate first deliveries until Oct/Nov, so it is quite a while to wait for anyone wanting to change.
I don't think I can wait that long which is a shame I don't want to order a new one now only for a facelifted one to be available in Oct/Nov. If they show it in March and say its ready to order then that's fine I'll order one.
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there
chrisyboyc

Post by chrisyboyc »

Gray170TDI wrote:
chrisyboyc wrote:I've just read in Auto Express that although the facelift is due in March at Geneva it wont go on sale until August. My car has 122,000 miles on the clock and by August nearly 140,000 although everything is great with my car and runs faultlessly, I don't know if I can wait that long. looks like its a nearly new Audi A5 for me then unless VW pull there finger out.
Great mileage there :clap: . Does the 170 TDI get much better with mileage??
I've owned from new and will be 4 years old in march. The car has been amazing just a few niggles but all sorted. It feels just as powerful now as it did when it loosened up. No squeeks or rattles Nothing to say if cant do another 122,000 miles. The problem is I want to sell while its worth something. I sold my last car a 2005 Audi A3 S-line with DSG with 167,000 miles and apart from a new turbo it was great I sold that for £6700. hoping to get upto 9K when I sell the scirocco but who knows
skippy

Post by skippy »

chrisyboyc wrote: I don't think I can wait that long which is a shame I don't want to order a new one now only for a facelifted one to be available in Oct/Nov. If they show it in March and say its ready to order then that's fine I'll order one.
It would be a shame Chris, but I always thought it was going to be on sale in the spring. You must have one of the highest mileage Roc's on here.

On the mileage I am doing, it would take me another 29 years to get to 122K! :eyepop:
chrisyboyc

Post by chrisyboyc »

Well if there's a chance they launch it for ordering in March great if not
Audi A5 black edition
Or
BMW 2series
skippy

Post by skippy »

Last night I was reading that the Golf MK7 GTI was presented at the Geneva Motor show in March, and the order books (for UK) were opened at the start of April.

I remember my dealer had a demo by end of May and deliveries started August.

Maybe the Scirocco will be on a similar timescale, could be slightly ahead of the Golf given that we are talking facelift rather than an all new model.
nevarran
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by nevarran »

The autoexpress article says their photo is the final thing. And it looks different than that ebay bumper several posts above.
chrisyboyc

Post by chrisyboyc »

skippy wrote:Last night I was reading that the Golf MK7 GTI was presented at the Geneva Motor show in March, and the order books (for UK) were opened at the start of April.

I remember my dealer had a demo by end of May and deliveries started August.

Maybe the Scirocco will be on a similar timescale, could be slightly ahead of the Golf given that we are talking facelift rather than an all new model.
I hope so I can work to that time scale. If not it looks like another option
Nospheratu
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: | Dynaudio | Panoramic Sunroof |

Post by Nospheratu »

That Autoexpress article is just an exclusive image made for them by some digital artist. The article never mentions it is the official facelift. From the spy shots of the facelift being tested we know the new grill design is the honeycomb type so that Autoexpress picture is just a mockup.

As for the ebay pics, that is the R-Line kit which is mentioned clearly in the listings description, it is not the standard facelift.

This is the same speculation that has happened with the rumour that the current R is out of production as the EA113 engine was stopped being made. It might not available in the UK due to emission laws but the R is still being manufactured for other markets. I had an R scheduled for build week 10 before cancelling it and deciding to wait for the facelift.
skippy

Post by skippy »

Yes - interesting that there is no rear view picture either.

Maybe the finished article will get front fogs as well, looks slightly 'unfinished' without them.

This is the AutoExpress Write up anyway:

As our exclusive image reveals, VW will stick closely to the stylish shape first introduced in 2008, with subtle updates to the grille and headlights. The Scirocco is still one of the best-looking cars in the line-up, so there’s no sense in alienating potential buyers with a radical redesign.

The facelift will no doubt increase the car’s appeal, though, with cleaner engines, new tech, a smarter interior and some subtle chassis tweaks.

Scirocco sales were down from 7,538 in 2009 to 5,029 in 2013, but by fitting the new 1.4 TSI ACT petrol and 2.0 TDI diesel engines from the MkVII Golf, VW will be able to slash running costs and boost performance. Expect nearly 60mpg from the cleanest petrol and 70mpg for the new 2.0 TDI, with both claiming modest power hikes over the outgoing Scirocco range.

VW had axed the Scirocco R as its engine didn’t meet Euro VI emissions rules, but the flagship will be revived, using the latest Golf R’s 296bhp 2.0 TSI.

Expect a redesigned interior with top-quality switchgear, steering wheel and dials from the latest Golf, plus tech like adaptive cruise control and autobrake.

A new slicker infotainment system will feature, offering swiping smartphone-style gesture control and a MirrorLink system, which in theory lets you use any smartphone app via your in-car screen.

The revised Scirocco is likely to debut at next month’s Geneva Motor Show and go on sale towards the end of the year, with prices from around £20,000.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen ... z2sqFzP3al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skippy

Post by skippy »

chrisyboyc wrote: I hope so I can work to that time scale. If not it looks like another option
Yes - hope you can work to that! I reckon it will follow the Golf GTI rollout last year, so I would predict late summer Aug/Sep we will see deliveries. It could be sooner though as the take up of the Scirocco will probably be smaller than the Golf anyway, and this is a facelift, not an all new model (unlike the Golf).