Page 4 of 4

Re: DRL Survey

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:45 pm
by jc74
arlurt wrote:There's a Golf ashtray that'll fit on eBay at the moment, £25 with about five hours to run...

Just search on VW Ashtray and sort by Time Ending Soonest and it should be easy to spot.
Thanks for the tip, but it's £29 already, and it's grey, so not sure if colour will match, also missing the actual tray itself. I'm thinking the covered storage compartment would be preferable if I'm going to be paying £30+ anyway, since it's got a bit more space than the ashtray...

Re: DRL Survey

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:46 pm
by arlurt
The covered stowage compartment looks by far the best option to me.

If I thought I could flog my "ashtray" for anywhere near what it cost me I'd sell it and buy the stowage compartment.

Re: DRL Survey

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:35 pm
by thebeast1234
Andy-GTI wrote:Image

Image


:)
Emergency BRake Light Active, that sounds interesting, is that actually a switchable option on the Roc???

Re: DRL Survey

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:30 pm
by Evil Derboy
.

Re: DRL Survey

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:48 pm
by Rising_SiD
Just got back from my local VW dealer, and they have turned DRL's off for me! No issues at all, and no charge :vibes:

EDIT: The technician also said that the procedure in the brochure [indicator tilt left & back etc] only works with Xenons if that helps anyone.

Re: DRL Survey

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:59 pm
by Kev
Evil Derboy wrote:I haven't got my car yet so I'm a bit confused with all this DRL malarkey. Can someone explain to me, what's the difference between DRLs and sidelights? Are the DRLs basically just your dipped beam?

I drive around with my dipped beams on all day anyway so it won't bother me personally but I don't really understand what the side-lights next the indicators are for if the DRLs are just the dipped beam on during the day.
The DRLs are the dipped beams plus the little lights by the indicators.
If you flick the dial round to the right to >oo< then the main lights turn off and you just get the little ones. You do of course have to remember to turn them off when you get out but you get a suitable bong noise to remind you.

The auto lights are great at night. When you unlock the car it all lights up. I'm easily pleased :)

Re: DRL Survey

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:25 am
by hannson
Andy-GTI wrote:Image
:)
Hi Andy-GTI, quick question here... what does this Diagnosis Terminal 50 mean? Do I need to uncheck this to remove the DRL? Or ony that Byte 0, Bit 3 bit?