Boot rattle YouTube Vids

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
carlpea
In: Reflex Silver
With a: Manual box

Boot rattle YouTube Vids

Post by carlpea »

I was Googling with regards to a boot rattle and come across two videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/verdoese" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't believe how badly fitted they are!

I know what I'll be doing this weekend...
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: Boot rattle YouTube Vids

Post by RW1 »

I haven't got the parking sensor controller in the right rear but have the left hand side one which is the Suspension controller I do have (Its not the Airbags Controller, that's forward of the gear shift). It is mounted very solidly in a surrounding frame and can hardly move, so can't rattle. I seem to remember that Scirocco is a MY2010 model in the videos was produced 4 months after mine. Mine is MY2010 also. So why the left unit is mounted differently without the solid frame :shrug: See below....
Capture.JPG
You can get at left side by taking off the access panel to the rear left light's release in the boot lining wall as in the photo. The suspension controller is on the forward edge of the hole.

Right side will be more difficult and will need the boot wall lining off to look at it. The video is representative of production installation so if the rattle noise is bias to the right, its worth a shout.

Final traced my left hand side noise in the boot the the boot liner "flapping" on the boot wall. Little velcro pad solved that.

C.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
carlpea
In: Reflex Silver

Post by carlpea »

Yeah I did have a quick look and as you say the controller is solidly mounted. I'll try the Velcro idea and as ever thanks for the detailed reply.

I also just noticed that the clip around the earthing point looks different (It looks like the plastic cover is missing). That wasn't secure so I padded it out away from the car body.

demonic
In: Salsa Red

Boot rattle YouTube Vids

Post by demonic »

Hey guys, mine is a 1.4 tsi in Malaysia 2011 model. It's got an annoying clunking over uneven roads. Could this be the issue?
the_winner
In: Candy White
Options: Sport and Style Package ,Parktronic Sensors, Alarm

Post by the_winner »

maybe the DSG7 .... it is coming from the outside?
demonic
In: Salsa Red

Boot rattle YouTube Vids

Post by demonic »

Seems more like the inside on the rear left hand side of the car. Thanks for the reply
Asb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Rear parking sensors

Post by Asb »

I had boot rattle problem. Sorted by chance really. Two vents below rear lights . Accessed through rear bulb changing panel, I think that's what they are for. Anyway these vents have what appears to be rubber flaps that rattle against the vent and are quite metallic in sound. And appear to be agitated by bumps and dips and speed humps . Also the shutting of the drivers side door does/ should make this noise occur. Short term fix, small pieces of foam pushed through the grill part of the vent to keep flaps in open position. . . . Bliss