New Mercedes A-Class or Scirocco?

andrej

New Mercedes A-Class or Scirocco?

Post by andrej »

I'm dreaming about owning a Scirocco already about 2 years and I'm planning to buy one finally the next year. However, I have seen the new Mercedes-Benz A-Class that was revealed on the Geneva motor show and I'm now not sure if I shouldn't buy the new A-class rather than a Scirocco. The price will be almost the same and Mercedes is a Mercedes. I also like its interior more than the Scirocco's interior. However, as for the exterior, I'm not sure.

Here are some images of the new Mercedes A:

If you were to buy a Scirocco the next year, would you still buy it or would you prefer the new Mercedes A-class? If you would still buy a Scirocco, I'd like to know why. Tell me why Scirocco would be a better choice (if it would).
monkeyman
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensers
cruise control

Re: New Mercedes A-Class or Scirocco?

Post by monkeyman »

I personaly would go for the Merc now. Simply because I need the 5 doors and possible boot. But if I didn't have my little man I'd go for the Scirocco hands down every time. The Roc' will still be rare compaired to the large numbers of lesser A classes. Plus the Roc' build quailty will prob be better and you won't get fobbed off by the dealer with all the horror stories people keep saying about merc dealers.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Have you asked the same question an a Merc forum? Go with your gut reaction I say
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

There's no prices for the merc yet but the first models out will be the higher end specs and thus more expensive. I don't think it'll be cheap by any means.

I guess it depends on whether you want something a bit bigger with better rear seat access all the time with the merc or something a bit more sporty in the scirocco.
andrej

Post by andrej »

Kev wrote:There's no prices for the merc yet but the first models out will be the higher end specs and thus more expensive. I don't think it'll be cheap by any means.
In the following article they say that the starting price will be about £20,000, so that's similar to the Scirocco's price:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/mot ... class.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
martdy
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

When I first saw the 3 door concept I hated it but they are now starting to grow on me.The interior is the same as the new B Class so for a laugh I configure a Sport version and was suprised how relativly "cheap" they were . Not that I would ever want a B class but just to get an idea of prices and standard equipment that we could see on the A.
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
mysciroccoRocks
In: Reflex Silver
Options: All of them!
Mirrors pedals and seats

Post by mysciroccoRocks »

Hmm...difficult one... the Merc looks nice, but IMO I would rather go for a Scirocco