Australia trip

Every site needs an off topic forum, right?
skindemon
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise & Bluetooth

Australia trip

Post by skindemon »

Hey y'all,

We're planning a trip to Australia later this year. I've got some family in Perth & Sydney, so they are the only certainties thus far.

Initial plan;

London - Singapore (2 nights)
Singapore - Perth (3 nights)
Perth - Ayers Rock (2 nights)
Ayers Rock - Cairns (3 nights)
Cairns - Sydney (5 nights)
Sydney - London

Questions;

1. Who out there has been to Ayers Rock / Alice Springs area? The hotels are very expensive & the transfers / trips are pretty pricey too. However, it would be a visit to an iconic part of Australia.
2. Who's been to Cairns / Great Barrier Reef? We've got 3 nights planned there - is that enough?

Cheers all!! :)
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Australia trip

Post by trix »

oooh that sounds an amazing trip. I did sydney & melbourne last year & found there will always be too much to do in the time available but you need time to come away & reflect on what you've done so you know where to go back to & other places you want to see. you catagorically can not fit it all in in one trip! (just means you have to go back again sometime :) )
one suggestion, margaret river near perth for some wine tasting :yummy:
skindemon
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise & Bluetooth

Re: Australia trip

Post by skindemon »

Thanks Trix

We were going to do Adelaide / Melbourne via the Great Ocean road, but think it would be somewhat similar to South Africa, which we did 18 months ago, hence looking to do the 'traditional' Aussie hotspots