Advice would be very welcome from all you helpful people

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
rosie22

Advice would be very welcome from all you helpful people

Post by rosie22 »

Hello all

I am currently trying to chase down the best deal on a 1.4 TSI (160) and although I thought brand new was out of my price range I discovered that Niche are selling at quite a big discount. They seem to have a good reputation on this forum so I wondered if anybody had any experience of buying a brand new car through them? It seems a little too good to be true but I spoke to a very nice guy there who said it's just because they have low overheads compared to VW dealers and order quite a lot so get a good discount.

Also, would you say upgrading to the multifunction steering wheel is worth it? I am definitely getting the rear parking sensors as I think the rear view will take a little bit of getting used to!

Thank you in advance

Rosie
topicalkeith
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box
Options: cruise, tinted windows, mats, DAB radio, tyre press indicators, parking sensors, MF Steering wheel

Re: Advice would be very welcome from all you helpful people

Post by topicalkeith »

Not sure about Niche, but if I was you I would print out a quote and ask the VW dealer to match it. You are right about the parking sensors. I had the MF steering wheel and am pleased I did especially as I have the DSG as it comes with the gear change flaps.
rosie22

Post by rosie22 »

Thanks for that advice, I wasn't sure if I would be pushing my luck with the dealer but I suppose the worst they can say is no! I test drove a 2.0l GT because it was the only one available, it was mighty fine but out of my price range! Are you happy with your 1.4 and also do you like the colour you have? I had written it off as shiny brown from the brochures but the pictures of it in real life might have changed my mind.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

:welcome:

Hi Rosie,

I think you will find that some the dealer's discounting has gone back to last early Summer's (2009) levels (7 to 9%), so if the dealer you are planning to see isn't to your liking, try a little shopping around with the advice topicalkeith has given about the printed copy of internet deal(s). (Worked for me! Deal done inside 15 minutes.)

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
teejay212
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: 19"Luganos,Panoramic Roof,SatNav,Dynaudio,Parking Sensors,Winter Pack,Cruise Control,Electric Folding Mirrors,Flat Tyre Ind,Rieger R8 Front Bumper & Side Skirts,Oettinger Rear Skirt,Jetex Quad Exhaust,Lowered 25mm,Full Blue & Black Leather Interior & Colour Coded Interior Trims.

Post by teejay212 »

Rosie,

I can vouch for Gareth at Niche - I bought my Roc 170TDi GT from him in March this year - he then did a full Rieger conversion for me - he provides a really professional service second to none. In Glasgow the most discount I was getting from VW was £500-£800 - I got a £2,000 discount from Gareth. He has great premises in Shipley, West Yorkshire and I would thoroughly recommend you buy from him - nice genuine guy who takes a pride in his work.

If you are getting a Fiscon bluetooth phone system fitted I can also thoroughly recommend OEM Retrofits in Bradford - 20mins from Niche - great guys too !! If you want to see how my Roc turned out - go on to the Niche website and look under the LED DRL's and mine is the blue one shown !! TJ
Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio Sound, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Fitted Mats And A Few Niche Add-Ons !!![/b]
rosie22

Post by rosie22 »

Thank you all for your advice, now I've just got to choose a colour!

Rosie x
bleedsoff
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Sumatra
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, DAB and Flat Tyre Indicator!:)

Post by bleedsoff »

Sumatra?! ;)
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

mfsw is one of those things i really couldn't live without these days
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
teejay212
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: 19"Luganos,Panoramic Roof,SatNav,Dynaudio,Parking Sensors,Winter Pack,Cruise Control,Electric Folding Mirrors,Flat Tyre Ind,Rieger R8 Front Bumper & Side Skirts,Oettinger Rear Skirt,Jetex Quad Exhaust,Lowered 25mm,Full Blue & Black Leather Interior & Colour Coded Interior Trims.

Post by teejay212 »

Rosie,

What did you end up ordering and did you get a better deal than Niche somewhere ??
Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio Sound, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Fitted Mats And A Few Niche Add-Ons !!![/b]
rosie22

Post by rosie22 »

teejay - Niche seems the best deal, my local VW dealer said they couldn't possibly match the discount and offered £600 off vs Niche's £1700 off. I haven't ordered yet as I am still tearing myself apart with the decision of new vs nearly new, there are pros and cons of both in my situation. It will be the first time I've bought a new, valuable car so it's quite a big decision for me but I'm going to make my mind up soon! If I get new I think it will be Indium Grey with mfsw and parking sensors.
cookie22
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125

Niche automotive

Post by cookie22 »

Any one heard of, or used these?

I'm interested in getting a scirocco, found these but they haven't got a showroom.

Was wondering if anyone else has had experience with these.

Thanks

http://www.nicheautomotive.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nicheconcept-leasing.co.uk/V ... irocco_RC/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;