What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
bleedsoff
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, DAB and Flat Tyre Indicator!:)

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by bleedsoff »

martinTDI140 wrote:Well my baby is now built (week 25) and I've been told its on a boat to Germany for it's PDI. Then it gets on another boat to come to England! I've been told to expect it mid July.
Check with your dealer there is no VW systems upgrade that may delay your delivery. I've been told beginning of August due to VW shutting down for 2 weeks and no movement of new cars during. My car is a week 26 build.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Martin

have a look through the last few pages on *boats no longer tracked* for the ships anticipated to be leaving setubal soon, RW1 has all his knowledge on shipping schedules there to assist you if you aren't sure ask him on that thread

also it does not get PDI'd in Germany
Germany is now purely a transfer base from one ship to another if it does not manage to get on a ship going direct to the UK from the factory, the dealer PDI's it when it arrives at the dealership (PDI'ing is allocating the reg plate, giving it a tax disk, removing the plastic protective bodywork shields, putting the manual/tow eye/ipod & usb leads etc in, and doing final checks, they must sign this off in the service book iirc)

not long now for you to wait anyway, remember to make sure your ipod lead is in the car when you pick it up, you DO NOT have to pay for this it is included in the price of the car (numerous dealers are trying to stiff people out of them at the moment)

S
Last edited by trix on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bleedsoff
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, DAB and Flat Tyre Indicator!:)

Post by bleedsoff »

trix wrote:not long now for you to wait anyway, remember to make sure your ipod lead is in the car when you pick it up, you DO NOT have to pay for this it is included in the price of the car (numerous dealers are trying to stiff people out of them at the moment)

S

If a dealer does try to fob you off what the best tactic to go about getting your lead free?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

be firm, tell them you weren't born yesterday it is included in the price of the car, they should have gone & collected it from the parts department & put it in the car during PDI (iirc) if thats too hard then oh dear help them
do not let them budge, if they say no you should be using apples leads & vw leads tell them to pull the other one & if they believe that then they can go try it out with their ipod but you aren't leaving without your lead :)

S

eta: you should not be going to the parts department to collect it, thats their job juring PDI & its not a case of 'free for a short time only' as one person has had
mickscirocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: 19" lugano black style pack ,mats,Alloy pedals,Door sills, remap stage 1

Post by mickscirocco »

Hi all i dont understand this build week stuff, i ordered mine over a week ago,got my order for the lot, im guessing with 52 weeks in the year the dealer will phone soon and give me a week,he told me it will be ready by sept,but as im out of the country till the 21 sept the dealer said it would be easy ready by then so my wait will be taken up by my work which is better for me, can you just brush up the build week i get will be the week the car is being built or the week it leaves for the uk, im abit lost with it all
your help is needed guys

THANKS
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Mick

the build week is the week the car build is estimated to be finished at the factory, it will not necessarily leave the factory that week that will depend on how frequently the ships are running from there at the time

you should get a build week estimate from your dealer about 3 weeks after ordering, this is assuming your dealer chooses to advise you of all updates/estimates they receive.
some dealers will only advise when your order becomes a fixed & confirmed build week which is generally 3-4 weeks before build

at least you have something to keep you occupied waiting for your car but i'm sure you will still be going stir crazy

S
mickscirocco
Options: 19" lugano black style pack ,mats,Alloy pedals,Door sills, remap stage 1

Post by mickscirocco »

Yeah the dealer has been sending me text and email updates, Stir crazy aint the word i have to go dodge bullets in afghanistan for the next 3 months and all i wana do is get the roc ,

Thanks alot mate great help
martinTDI140
In: Salsa Red
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat nav with dynaudio, cruise control, folding mirrors, winter pack with cloth trim

Post by martinTDI140 »

I've just had a call from my dealer to say my baby arrived last Friday :) I can pick it up this Friday :) I was expecting at least another two week wait!

The waiting is nearly over now :clap:

Martin.
Searchin4aRoc
Options: Truffle Leather / Bi-Zenons / Pano-roof / Rear Parking Sensors / Cruise Control

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

My wait is also drawing quickly to an end ... just phoned my dealer to be told my car was delivered last night and will be ready in a couple of days :clap:

Not bad ... ordered on 20/5/2010.
bleedsoff

Post by bleedsoff »

Searchin4aRoc wrote:My wait is also drawing quickly to an end ... just phoned my dealer to be told my car was delivered last night and will be ready in a couple of days :clap:

Not bad ... ordered on 20/5/2010.

Unfair :( Order 5/5/2010 and still waiting!
mickscirocco

New 170 GT TDI

Post by mickscirocco »

Hi All

just got my build date off the dealer, week 32 mid august and only ordered last week so quite impresses, what date do you think im looking at to pick up from the dealers after build,im out the country till end of sep,
bleedsoff

Post by bleedsoff »

2-3 weeks after your car is built to turn up at the dealers.
mickscirocco

Post by mickscirocco »

thanks mate, what will they do till i get back, just keep it in storage, and also with the comm number how do i track it, can you do it online, Dealer gave me my comm number too
bleedsoff

Post by bleedsoff »

mickscirocco wrote:thanks mate, what will they do till i get back, just keep it in storage, and also with the comm number how do i track it, can you do it online, Dealer gave me my comm number too
Yea the dealer will most likely put into storage. Although some people have quoted horror stories for cars in storage. You can call up VW customer services and can give you updates on it. But if you already been given an estimate build week I doubt that they can tell you more. If you have a good dealer I suspect they will tell you updates and the process rolls on, my dealer was a bit crap at keeping me informed all the time so I just kept calling VW customer services.
mickscirocco

Post by mickscirocco »

my dealer is ok he lets me know updates with email, what horror stories you heard, im getting the autogym lifeshine done, surely they will wait a few days before ai pick the car up to clean it. any good tips on check to do when i pick the car up or checks to be chasing up now,im out the country so ive left the mrs sorting it, any help would be great..

thanks bud
bleedsoff

Post by bleedsoff »

mickscirocco wrote:my dealer is ok he lets me know updates with email, what horror stories you heard, im getting the autogym lifeshine done, surely they will wait a few days before ai pick the car up to clean it. any good tips on check to do when i pick the car up or checks to be chasing up now,im out the country so ive left the mrs sorting it, any help would be great..

thanks bud
Well think I there was another post recently about someone asking about what happened to his Scirocco if he didn't pick it up to wait for the new reg in September. Some people were saying that dealers sometimes use it to show people and even allow them to test drive for a short trip :eyepop:. However I do not know if its true just quoting things I have heard. Don't want to put your dealer down as they may be a good dealer.

Tips for picking up your car have a look here http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =13&t=1743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also would not know when they would apply Lifeshine but sure they wouldn't hand you over a dirty car. I am also contemplating Lifeshine but I may just use a company like this http://www.driveandshine.co.uk/wordpres ... -car-prep/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, and then add the Nanolex which I believe is a sealant. Have not decided yet though.

edit : just found the thread on car in storage http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=2&t=5790" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mickscirocco

Post by mickscirocco »

cheers mate just one more thing on my order for its says 60reg as i want the car at the end of sept,with the car being built mid august will it be the reg before 60, i hasve it in writing 60reg, dont want them going back cos the car is early,or do the plates get put on at the dealers after shipping which would be sept anyway
bleedsoff

Post by bleedsoff »

Yea you will get a 60 reg. Registration of the cars with DVLA is done at the dealers so the plates will be put on at the dealers done in the PDI I think.
Sanders83
In: Rising Blue
Options: Bi-Xenon lamps

Post by Sanders83 »

Mine was registered before it got to the dealers but after it got in the country. Date on the Reg document was 2 weeks before delivery to the dealers.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Hey Mick,

Have a read through these about whats happening with your order.
Link to build & delivery process
And when it goes firm on the week build number you can hook up here to get an idea of when it will be offloaded at the docks in th UK shipping schedules

I think you might ask the dealer is.. not to PDI (pre delivery inspection) the Scirocco until you return. That way the car will continue to have protection in storage as the factory released it and the engine ECU will have the transportation programming only. That may deter it being used.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!