DSG recall notice

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

DSG recall notice

Post by Kev »

I got a DSG safety recall tonight for owners of 6 speed boxes.

It identifies that the gearbox control unit may read the clutch temperature incorrectly which causes juddering, the gearbox display to flash and a possible loss of power.

My first service is due in about 6-8 weeks so I'll wait till then.

Anyone else get it?

*logged on a recall page in roccopedia for future reference
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Re: DSG recall notice

Post by ayeaye »

No, but I saw the recall listed in one of the car mags.

Recall listed on VOSA:

Reference : R/2009/110
Manufacturer Ref : 37E8
Make: VW
Model : Jetta, Golf, EOS, Passat, Scirocco, Touran & Caddy (with direct shift 6 speed gearbox)
Launch Date : 14/12/2009
Numbers Involved : 3514
Build Start Date : 01/09/2008
Build End Date : 31/08/2009
Recall Details
Concern : CLUTCH MAY OPERATE INADVERTENTLY WITH UNEXPECTED LOSS OF DRIVE
Description : In rare cases an incorrect interpretation of the clutch temperature can occur which results in the clutch opening unexpectedly with loss of drive.
Remedial Action : Recall affected vehicles and update/reprogramme gearbox control unit.

Guess there'll be a lot of cars going in for some work.
Evil Derboy
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Apparently TT owners with S-Tronic boxes are getting the same recall notice as well.
james sr
Options: Leather, sunshine roof, 19"bbs, and a little bit of audio...

Post by james sr »

Had mine done on Friday, took little time, they told me they had to re-flash ecu and all ok..

They also changhed the brackets that support the gas struts for the boot as these have gone rusty? so were changed under warranty...
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Think I'll be ringing the dealer on monday to book mine in . Are we supposed to get a call about this?
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Just punch your chassis number starting with WVW.... into the white box on the right hand side. Click the orange area "Starten".

http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms/master_p ... ionen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the Scirocco is not on recall, then the display will have a white text containing your chassis number on blue background basically saying thanks for the enquiry, car's OK, you are a valued customer....

If you have a recall on your car, it will open a white box with text and there call number. Put it into a translator and.....

Simples!

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Cool! Thanks for that RW1. Mines is not subject to recall even though it was built within the dates specified.
Thanks
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Although it's German, it covers all chassis numbers and usually is correct. I'd check with your dealer all the same as this DSG recall is a blanket one as they don't know which have the problem and its a software update.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
james sr
Options: Leather, sunshine roof, 19"bbs, and a little bit of audio...

Post by james sr »

martdy wrote:Think I'll be ringing the dealer on monday to book mine in . Are we supposed to get a call about this?
I had a letter sent through the post...
martdy

Post by martdy »

Think I'll ring the stealer tomorrow just to make sure :yes:
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Had mine done before Christmas, pretty painless in and out in under an hour.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
martdy

Post by martdy »

Just spoke to dealer and he confirmed my car doesn't need the software update for the DSG but it does need the recall for the tailgate struts. Booked in for Thursday. While i'm there I'll grill them about whether there's a firmware update for the RCD510 .
Malcolm
Options: Satnav
Leather
Reversing Sensors
Folding Mirrors
Cruise control
Carkit
CD Changer (Dumb Choice!)
K&N Filter Replacement
Pentagon Supaglass
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3 19" Matt Black

Post by Malcolm »

This covers Audi DSG too in A3 and TT, my wife had a letter yesterday. Slightly differing wording to above but played on the switch not cutting in as a safety feature rather than clutch overheat issue......
http://www.chemtec.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Karcher-Center-Chemtec for all your Karcher Cleaning Equipment Needs!
0845-890 3600 #1
vee
Options: Pdc and dynaudio sound

Post by vee »

Mines going in next week...
RichR
Options: Pano sunroof, Leather, Winter pack, RNS 510.

Post by RichR »

Confirmed it is just a firmware 'upgrade', no actual mechanical work is done to the gearbox. From the short journey home from my dealers, no obvious change was detected. Gear position indicator number is still there, did not get to try the 'launch control' feature. At the dealers I whinged again about the 2000 to 3000 RPM 'wastegate rattle' after getting no updates from VW UK. To the dealers knowledge still there is no known solution.
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

Would be nice if there was a firmware update to show the gear as a big number in the middle of the MFD. Dunno why that's not one of the options that roll round the screen. Far more useful than real time mpg.
robboward
In: Salsa Red
Options: dab, electric folding mirrors, rear parking sensors

Post by robboward »

mine had its oil change service in november. they said when i took it in there were the tailgate things that needed doing and a software update on the dsg. i presume this topic is what the software update was about
infinidim
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Viper Green
Options: with most option but not the navigation system.......

Post by infinidim »

I have checked ours and it's OK...not effected :clap: :clap: :clap: .....

Infinidim 8)
Infinidim 8)
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

" You'll never loose a Viper Green Scirocco ! "
mike57a
In: Salsa Red
Options: Cruise Control. Parking Sensors

Post by mike57a »

My Scirocco has just had it's recall.
They did both the gearbox and the boot struts.
scimitar
Options: parking sensors, folding mirrors, climate control ,big alloys, leather,
headlamp washers. Dynaudio, flat tyre sensors CD changer

Post by scimitar »

Just saw it today on talktalk home page, suspect will get notification soon, like you due for first service in 6 weeks or so