SCREEN WASH

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
SCOTT

SCREEN WASH

Post by SCOTT »

Ive heard some horror stories lately about cheap screenwash corroding the wash pump, just wondering what you guys use do you buy the vw screenwash??

also is it me but when wipers are on full spped do they seem slow to you??
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: SCREEN WASH

Post by RW1 »

Always stuck to VW's screen wash as had trouble a long while back with "deposits" appearing and blocking the older nozzle jets. Was told a while back that this was even more critical with the new washer jets like those on the New Scirocco. The opening is finer on them.

They're not that fast compared with some.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Jacktherat

Post by Jacktherat »

Last edited by Jacktherat on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robmx
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors.

Post by robmx »

I'm worried about this, I've been running plain water for the time being as I've not had time to get to a dealer.

But surely, any screenwash used with the correct dilution ratio isn't going to cause problems. I really can't see how vw screenwash is going to vary from any day to day brand. I doubt it's even specific to VW and is just a rebranded mainstream screenwash brand like comma?
ReubenGT
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffle Leather, DVD SatNav with Dynaudio, Panoramic Sunroof, Parking Sensors, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Floor Mats

PLUS

Fiscon Bluetooth & Racingline Short Shift Kit

Post by ReubenGT »

It would make sense that any reputable brand would know what issues are to be avoided when coming up with a product??? Don't buy cheap cra* and I wouldn't expect any problems.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Jacktherat wrote:Does anyone know if VW spec screenwash is available in bulk from third parties, eg other than the overpriced bottles on sale at VW dealers?
In my area, German & Swedish supplies the local dealerships with the genuine VW oils!!!

Worth a try to see if they also stock the screenwash and one way of cutting the cost in half.

Use G 052 164 A2 (1 ltr bottles). Nice lemon scented additive.
ReubenGT wrote:It would make sense that any reputable brand would know what issues are to be avoided when coming up with a product??? Don't buy cheap cra* and I wouldn't expect any problems.
Not so, that was my belief until my last car had the deposits problem blocking the jets. Plus it also wrecked the heater elements in the jets. Since sticking to VW's own, no problems.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!