Ordered Today

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
christof
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise control, folding mirrors and tyre pressure indicator.

Ordered Today

Post by christof »

Hi

My car was ordered today, I opted for cruise, folding mirrors and tyre pressure sensors, in candy white. I got the last build slot for Jan that the dealer had. Dealer says it will be built first week of Jan and delivered last week of Jan, we will see! He says if its delivered before the end of Feb VW will hold off the VAT rise, if its after then VW will be at fault and I will not be liable for VAT rise. He also offered me a cracking PX for the end of Jan and said it will probably be lower if the car is delayed, I said fair enough as long as its not thousand(s) different.
My question is should I get the offer in writing, has anyone been let down by the delay in the scirocco in terms of the dealer trying to move the goal posts?
The dealer seems genuine and he lives in spitting distance from me (I walk my dogs past his house every day)!
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Re: Ordered Today

Post by Deacon »

I would try to get all the deatils in writing (including what they intend to reduce your p/x by if it does over run - although I'd also try to argue that they should absorb any differences if it does over run on the grounds that you're making the deal now based on those figures and with the understanding the vehicle will be deliverd by the end of January) as then there are no nasty surprises and everyone knows where they are.

Deacon
playing in my '86
bookie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red

Post by bookie »

When I placed my order I got a fixed price px (valid whenever I picked up the new car!) which I didnt have to see through if I could sell the car myself/decided to keep it. Might be worth confirming that as you could always sell private for more money.

Personally I wouldn't believe the dealer when he says it will get built first week of Jan - generally they don't know when it'll get built based on the posts around this forum - I placed my order start of October and I'm not expecting it to turn up until March/April time - unless your dealer has somehow been devious with placing orders?

Either way I'm sure it'll be worth the wait :)

Bookie
christof

Post by christof »

bookie wrote:When I placed my order I got a fixed price px (valid whenever I picked up the new car!) which I didnt have to see through if I could sell the car myself/decided to keep it. Might be worth confirming that as you could always sell private for more money.

Personally I wouldn't believe the dealer when he says it will get built first week of Jan - generally they don't know when it'll get built based on the posts around this forum - I placed my order start of October and I'm not expecting it to turn up until March/April time - unless your dealer has somehow been devious with placing orders?

Either way I'm sure it'll be worth the wait :)

Bookie
He seems to think they have an allocated build slot for that week in Jan. If its March then i am not too fussed as it will be a 10 reg. As you say i'm sure the wait will be worth it :)
ashley1407
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: Cruise Control, Metallic Paint, Fiscon Bluetooth, Bleep on locking.

Revo Remap.

Post by ashley1407 »

Be sure to change your status in your forum control panel to 'I've ordered a...'
christof

Post by christof »

ashley1407 wrote:Be sure to change your status in your forum control panel to 'I've ordered a...'
Done!

Cheers
christof

Post by christof »

Deacon wrote:I would try to get all the deatils in writing (including what they intend to reduce your p/x by if it does over run - although I'd also try to argue that they should absorb any differences if it does over run on the grounds that you're making the deal now based on those figures and with the understanding the vehicle will be deliverd by the end of January) as then there are no nasty surprises and everyone knows where they are.

Deacon
Dealer phoned me today to confirm the car has been ordered, I told him not to rock the boat as all VW customers might expect a call back when promised (sorry always had shite service from VW in past). Confirmed that the build will be first two weeks in Jan and delivered first two week of Feb, I guess now the wait begins.
Deacon

Post by Deacon »

christof wrote:
Deacon wrote:I would try to get all the deatils in writing (including what they intend to reduce your p/x by if it does over run - although I'd also try to argue that they should absorb any differences if it does over run on the grounds that you're making the deal now based on those figures and with the understanding the vehicle will be deliverd by the end of January) as then there are no nasty surprises and everyone knows where they are.

Deacon
Dealer phoned me today to confirm the car has been ordered, I told him not to rock the boat as all VW customers might expect a call back when promised (sorry always had shite service from VW in past). Confirmed that the build will be first two weeks in Jan and delivered first two week of Feb, I guess now the wait begins.
This is where you get to plot and plan for all the 'extras' you never had any intention of buying :D

Deacon
playing in my '86
christof

Post by christof »

Deacon wrote:
christof wrote:

Deacon
This is where you get to plot and plan for all the 'extras' you never had any intention of buying :D

Deacon
Don't think I will have the agony of that as I asked about getting 'badge deletion' earlier and he said it may be too late!
Deacon

Post by Deacon »

christof wrote:...Don't think I will have the agony of that as I asked about getting 'badge deletion' earlier and he said it may be too late!
I wasn't really thinking of 'official' extras!

Badge deletion is really easy anyway, I did mine so I can help you out with that no probs :yes:

Deacon
playing in my '86
christof

Post by christof »

Deacon wrote:
christof wrote:...Don't think I will have the agony of that as I asked about getting 'badge deletion' earlier and he said it may be too late!
I wasn't really thinking of 'official' extras!

Badge deletion is really easy anyway, I did mine so I can help you out with that no probs :yes:

Deacon
Ah, you mean suspension lowering etc...
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

no i think deacon is meaning mats, bootliner, sill covers, gap insurance, etc

seconded that debadging is easy; piece of dental floss, a small amount of polish, etc volia

S
Deacon

Post by Deacon »

christof wrote:...Ah, you mean suspension lowering etc...
I find that the more I read on the forums - the more stuff there is to spend my money on :eyepop: lol

Deacon
playing in my '86
Deacon

Post by Deacon »

trix wrote:no i think deacon is meaning mats, bootliner, sill covers, gap insurance, etc

seconded that debadging is easy; piece of dental floss, a small amount of polish, etc volia

S
Nah, Chris was right trix!

Deacon
playing in my '86
christof

Post by christof »

trix wrote:no i think deacon is meaning mats, bootliner, sill covers, gap insurance, etc

S
I guess I will be offered all the little extras by the folks at vw, gap maybe although I don't have it on this car. Glad removing the badge is so easy.