Its a year old today

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Its a year old today

Post by wigit »

well the roc is a year old today with 20,500 miles now racked and its sat outside in need of a clean and some tlc given it is most definately used, i remember going armed with a copy of Performance Car (ironic given mine was featured a few months ago) saying i want it in that colour (rising blue) back in July 2008.

its a car i have a definate love/hate relationship with and strangley seems to attract even more attention now than it did a year ago

we'll see if Stage 2 in late November will kerb my urge to order the Golf R for a while, however, the last fuel days have ignited by urge for K04 power :eyepop:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
CTRnutter
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Re: Its a year old today

Post by CTRnutter »

Its funny I was thinking about the Scirocco the other day and I have to admit I do miss it, in all respects it was a very good looking car, its handling was just a bit iffy at best but it was a pretty good all rounder.

I think it is a car that should have been restricted to being a sports car i.e the 2.0 ltr Tsi only and maybe some R and GTi variants on top of that would probably have made it a bit more special, but its about making money and Tdi's are in demand.

Not a dig at Tdi owners, but the amount of 1.4 and Tdi's I see at least 3 or 4 a day I remember if you were lucky to see 1 scirocco a month :(
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
pimp my roc
In: Candy White
Options: Panna,truffle,winter pack

Post by pimp my roc »

Mine was a year old on Friday, no problems apart from the rattling wipers but just turn the stereo up now....................15k a few small stone chips but still looks and goes great!!

Actually to add to this I have since bought a Porsche Boxster 'S' (Pimp my Box) to replace our Z4 Coupe so now I dont have a practical car to pass the 'move a washing machine' test what do you think I should get, I had a R32 but though my Mk 5 GTi was a better value car and really turned me on to VW ownership. Mk6 GTi??
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

pimp my roc wrote:Mine was a year old on Friday, no problems apart from the rattling wipers but just turn the stereo up now....................15k a few small stone chips but still looks and goes great!!

Actually to add to this I have since bought a Porsche Boxster 'S' (Pimp my Box) to replace our Z4 Coupe so now I dont have a practical car to pass the 'move a washing machine' test what do you think I should get, I had a R32 but though my Mk 5 GTi was a better value car and really turned me on to VW ownership. Mk6 GTi??
Love the Mk VI Gti was very tempted by one myself , but I am in love with the R32's sound and grin factor also the 4 wheel drive was very good and gave the golf bag loads of grip, If you can get a nice Mk V R32 I'd go for that.

I am persoanlly holding fire at the moment as I really dont know what to buy, I keep changing my mind like the wind changes direction. But 100% guranteed when I eventually make up my mind I will not be modifying it at all! ;)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
wigit

Post by wigit »

real mk6 GTI fan, especially the carbon grey colour, but go easy on the shopping list and avoid the acc, just a bit slow for my tastes given they run out of puff at 5,000rpm like the roc so Ed30/Pirelli gets my vote, indeed a call has been made regarding a black 3 door..... again :D
S8N
In: Deep Black
Options: Sunfoof, Vienna Leather, parking sensors

Post by S8N »

Mine is about the same as yours. Registered september last year. 20,500k miles I also have a love/hate relationship with the car. Think she is going to go soon to be honest. Fun has faded.
wigit

Post by wigit »

S8N wrote:Mine is about the same as yours. Registered september last year. 20,500k miles I also have a love/hate relationship with the car. Think she is going to go soon to be honest. Fun has faded.
well had a conversation with a dealer and it sure is a good time to sell, he just needs to sharpen his act a bit when i come back from holiday in a few weeks to see if deal can be done :yes:
S8N
In: Deep Black
Options: Sunfoof, Vienna Leather, parking sensors

Post by S8N »

Wigit, dealer allocation is pretty tight at the moment, so it's definitely the right time to sell. Got to find something new to replace with though :(

My main reason is the 24k a year I am now doing in it. Need a diesel :(
wigit

Post by wigit »

S8N wrote:Wigit, dealer allocation is pretty tight at the moment, so it's definitely the right time to sell. Got to find something new to replace with though :(

My main reason is the 24k a year I am now doing in it. Need a diesel :(
bmw 123d coupe msport (they are a grower) or the alpina 3 series with that engine :yes: