Weird window problem - any thoughts

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
rlw
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Weird window problem - any thoughts

Post by rlw »

Passenger door window goes up and down normally, opens and shuts properly when the car is locked or unlocked.

The problem is that the glass isn't sealing on the b-pillar, in fact it isn't even touching it at the bottom, there being a good 1/8" gap for a few inches.

More mysterious is that the window chanel on top of the door seems to be about twice the width of the one on the driver's side, so much so that you can get your finger in it and all the electric gubbins etc can be clearly seen.

It's booked in with VW for next week but I'm not overconfident that they will know what's going on. Funnily enough, this happened while the car was being serviced as when I picked it up, I immediately noticed a new wind noise which my wife confirmed when she travelled with me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PGN
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Metallic Paint, Cruise Control, Rear Park Sensors, Foldable Door Mirrors
Dynaudio Package, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Factory Floor Mats

Re: Weird window problem - any thoughts

Post by PGN »

Looks like the dealer has distorted something whilst it was being serviced. Maybe they shut the door with something obstructing it?
Hopefully they will come clean. Be interested to see what they say.
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Re: Weird window problem - any thoughts

Post by bigkris06 »

I’m not sure why anyone would have been near it during a service? Unless you had work done in that area. Could there be any possibility someone has tried to force entry to the car or maybe something closed in the door. I can see the images but it’s quite difficult to actually see the overall issue.