Wire routing

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Bjornarhuse
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Wire routing

Post by Bjornarhuse »

Hi
I bought a 2008 160hp with the motor in 10 boxes. It is now completely rebuilt after a piston 3 meltdown. New forged pistons, rest is original.
I am about to install the engine but have issues routing the harness from the wing and on top of the engine, injectors and sensors and stuff. Much is self explanatory but I don't know how the wires are supported and routed around the different components. Most of the pictures I've seen is with all the air ducting in place, obscuring the wiring.
Anyone care to point me to a picture or more of a partly nude engine with the cabling visible?
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184

Re: Wire routing

Post by bigkris06 »

Can’t help directly with pics as yours is completely different to mine but When I have done this previously I looked on eBay for people selling engines and looked through the pics, took a few screenshots and went from there.
Hope this helps
Bjornarhuse
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by Bjornarhuse »

Thanks, I think I have most of the wiring in their correct location, but where does this guy go?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

Looks like a map sensor, i think in thé compressed air line after thé turbo.
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184

Post by bigkris06 »

Yes agreed definitely a MAP sensor.
I think it’s on the left hand side of the intake manifold but not 100% sure.