First Scirocco, Parts wanted. No access to classifieds.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Exuptoy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Re: First Scirocco, Parts wanted. No access to classifieds.

Post by Exuptoy »

Just finished repairing my wiring. Soldered my new plug into the rear accel sensor loom and my DCC is now operational.
Erwin indicated wiring to the plug was 1-Brown, 2-Black, 3-Blue but eBay used parts showed the wiring to be different with wire 1&2 swapped. I was gonna ask here for actual confirmation but decided to just try it. Followed the plug and now it’s fully operational. Maybe it didn’t matter?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Exuptoy

Post by Exuptoy »

Just got a message from my coaters, he sent me this pic of my freshly coated spare wheels in Ghost Chrome.😎
Can’t wait to fit them.
E6172942-A95D-45DB-9939-A19A722AB3C5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Exuptoy

Post by Exuptoy »

That’s better.
5C222F15-4A69-4FC2-8CE6-1B5E4C2D0C1A.jpeg
5AE4F251-1101-48E9-9306-C8D8473BC0E4.jpeg
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey

Post by bigkris06 »

So me good pictures there. If I had have realised they could have been reused I would have removed them.
Car is looking so much better now from your previous pictures. Wheels look fab too. Done a lot of work to get it to this point and it looks like the effort has been worth it!
Exuptoy

Post by Exuptoy »

Thanks Kris, so happy with where she is. I also found the when they PO did the egr cooler delete due to water in the exhaust that he hasn’t tightened the V-band clamp which was why my cabin was stinking of diesel exhaust when not on recirc! :rolleyes:

Today I fitted the second of my handbrake cables after noticing it wasn’t allowing the LH hard brake lever to sit at the stop, even though I swapped the caliper for this very reason. Anyway, that’s both cables done and no excess residual heat in the rear discs after a run so very happy.

Fitted my front right headlight levelling sensor (£25 fleebay) as the ball had snapped off the end of the lever arm and was giving me a fault when scanned. Easy enough, just 2 x 10mm nuts and a plug after getting the front up on a ramp.
63ACEEE4-1E96-4FDF-A354-F32F8ED0732F.jpeg
Also removed the rear hatch spoiler and swapped out the high level third brake light for a tinted one from China off eblag (£20). What a palaver, no fixings inside it and even after ripping out the old vw ones from the failed led they wouldn’t fit, so I tapped them 8mm and used a few countersunk cap heads to remount it, then, to make matter worse the plug fitted to the lamp was the same one as the car side which means I couldn’t plug it into the car. So, off that came from the failed one and got resoldered with heat shrink onto the new one after verifying the polarity as LEDs are polarity conscious. Red to Red/Black and Black to Brown if anyone is wondering, also had to thicken up the cable with multiple layers of heat shrink to fill the grommet to stop water entering the boot.
Here’s where we are. Very subtle, you can’t see there’s one fitted until it’s illuminated.
2E86142D-B1CD-4BB3-AF1D-064983395CE6.jpeg
9831DD66-65DB-459B-A099-780F00C96184.jpeg
Got both my black VW roundels (£28 off the bay) fitted front and back which improves the look. I also fitted my China special mirror surround (£12 on eBay once again) to replace the damaged original. Pretty straight forward.
E981AF24-DA2C-4D42-986E-8FD191AEE79F.jpeg
The only faults I have left now is check rear left reversing lamp (I have a used rear NS light coming (£40 guess where from) as mine has a delaminated lens, so I’ll change the bulb as I’m doing the light swap) and a noisy rear bearing, then it’s on to the crap paint on the bonnet/bumper which I might bodge in the short term. I’ll update here once I do that.
Exuptoy

Post by Exuptoy »

Just driven to Norwich from South Wales, 60-75mph variable for almost 300 miles and got 63mpg from a 2Litre🤯🤐
IMG_0280.jpeg
Exuptoy

Post by Exuptoy »

Checking a fault code on the front fans it appears I have a fuse24 issue in the engine bay fuse panel.
Popped in a 10A fuse which glowed brightly before popping and a pungent smoke emanated up from behind the radpack. Disconnected the EGR throttle flap and replaced a smaller fuse and it still popped so that’s another job on the list.

Whilst in Norwich, a friend of mine who has done numerous coding jobs for me fitted and coded in my cruise control stalk and whilst in there, he wrote a new ID48 RFID transponder chip for a new key fob, and coded in the clock sweep on startup along with adding the digital speedo on the MFD display, well happy.

Notice the cruise setting at the bottom and the digital speedo in the centre.
IMG_0304.jpeg
This one I don’t get why ppl want it but it was offered and free as he was in the clocks so I went with it.
IMG_0324.jpeg
bigkris06

Post by bigkris06 »

That’s great mpg lol… you seem to have inherited a few gremlins from the last owner but looks like you are getting through them steadily… well done mate 👍
Exuptoy

Post by Exuptoy »

Cheers buddy. Getting there slowly.
Got a pic with my daughters 16MY this week.
IMG_0365.jpeg
bigkris06

Post by bigkris06 »

Love it mate!
Exuptoy

Post by Exuptoy »

:vibes: I’ve seemingly sorted all my issues, aside from the lack of AC as the rad is disconnected from the alloy pipe. I’m assuming it’s had a smack? It’ll wait till the summer.
I found my SB24 fuse issue and smoke in the engine bay. Turns out the auxiliary/additional coolant pump had seized. Looking at around £100 to replace it, but again it can wait for a bit as all seems fine without it just now. At least now the fuse holds and my rad fan fault due to it has gone.
Got a couple of up to date pics. I also touched in all the spit in the front end paint.
IMG_0561.jpeg
IMG_0566.jpeg
IMG_0580.jpeg
Patslfc
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Post by Patslfc »

Know anyone with a bonnet for sale 2011 haha