Window malfunction - Door Windows Drop.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Topper Harley
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav / DVD, Black Leather, Parking Sensors

Window Fault please help

Post by Topper Harley »

Yesterday i had both windows open and when i went to close them the passenger window would get about 3 inches away from being closed then open again even when i had my finger lifting up the close button. This happened a few times then it stopped working all together (tried turning car on and off) on either drivers or passengers button. after leaving it for a few minutes it works fine again. Any idea what this could be due to? or a fix if any. im sure i read something about resetting the windows once but couldn’t find a how to from searching.

Any help welcome,
infinidim
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: with most option but not the navigation system.......

Re: Window Fault please help

Post by infinidim »

We had this issue but it went away. Still don't know why so we would be interested in the answer as well.
Infinidim 8)
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

" You'll never loose a Viper Green Scirocco ! "
Red FR
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather interior

Post by Red FR »

For a reset try opening/closing via the remote i.e. keep door open button pressed and the windows will go down fully , then keep door closed button pressed and the windows should close fully. Did this with mine and seemed to cure it.
Topper Harley

Post by Topper Harley »

cheers pal, its not happend since and ive tried to make it happen, its just one of them annoying things. will try the reset and hopefully it wont happen again.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Basic Settings for the Door Controller (controls windows) isn't done on the key fob.

- Start the engine with doors closed.
- Lower the window down to halfway at least on the door switch.
- Raise the window up fully on the door switch and hold the switch in the ON position while being raised, do not release until fully up.
- When fully closed, release switch for a second.
- Hold the window switch ON again for about 3 seconds so forces the window further up (no real movement).
- Release the window switch, job done, window has now been reset correctly.
- Stop engine.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Red FR
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Black Leather interior

Post by Red FR »

Agree, however what I did had the same effect, followed this procedure on a Golf previously and worked fine.
Topper Harley

Post by Topper Harley »

thanks, i will do both just to be sure. I just hope it doesnt develop into the window problem that makes your windows drop when your cars locked and could ptentially get Stole or at least get wet inside.
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

How old is the Scirocco?

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
scirocco1974
Options: truffle leather, dvd satnav,cruise,folding mirrors, winter pack and bluetooth phone kit, dyna audio

Post by scirocco1974 »

i had this problem had to take it to the dealers they were aware of the problem as it happened to quite a lot of sciroccos some kind of fault which they fixed under warranty.
ImageNeuspeed P-Flo Kit APR stage 1 remap
Topper Harley

Post by Topper Harley »

its A 58 reg so just out of warranty now. its always the way, its like they programme cars to start going wrong as soon as the warranty is up
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

The above applies. As Scirocco1974 indicates, dealer rectification as it will happen again with the windows. Quote the TPI reference: 2020170/7, as stated in one of the posts above.

C.

(Window drops, low voltage, Window Controller, wet seat.)
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Topper Harley

Post by Topper Harley »

thanks for the reference number i hope they know what it relates to. im assuming i will get charged for this with it being out of warranty, i will be trying my best to get it done FOC though
darrenr0
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: All the extras except the sun roof

Re: Window malfunction - Door Windows Drop.

Post by darrenr0 »

Hey all

I know this topic is super old so hoping some of you are still around to answer this.

My 2010 Scirocco's passenger side window has started to randomly wind itself down halfway and the window no longer drops the required inch or two when you try to open the door.

I used the Carista Bluetooth OBDII bluetooth device and app and got the following error '00933 'Electric Window Motor; Passenger Side (V148)'

Took it to VW to get a price and they quoted me £505 to a fit a new window control module - hell no!

Bought a second hand window control module and motor (part no 1Q0 959 702 H) for £20 and did a like for like swap out and it made no difference what so ever so it's clearly not the issue.

Found this post and think the modules need reprogramming but have some questions that I'm hoping some of you can answer

1) If you had your modules reprogrammed, did this solve your window issue?
2) How much did VW charge you?
3) Did anyone successfully reprogramme the modules themselves using VAG-COM and if so can you explain exactly how you did this or point me someone who knows?
4) Is there any chance my problem could be related to broken wire within the door jam wiring hardness?
5) This post suggests these issues are only on 2008/2009 models but mine is a 2010, does anyone know if the part numbers are the same?

Thanks a million!

Darren
edwheels
Options: Sat Nav (315) DAB, 18" Wheels

Post by edwheels »

Hi there - this isn't quite the answer you are looking for. but my 2014 pre-facelift Scirocco also has a probem with the driver's window. When you try to close it, every now and again, it gets within a few inches of being closed then goes down again / opens (even if you keep you switch in the close position). It is super annoying and seems to do it more when it is raining and/or you are in a rush to get away! You can get the window to close by slowly edging the window up a bit, then a bit more and it will eventually close.

I took it the dealer (extended warranty still running) and they reckoned it was the seal sticking - I had my doubts. They then said it needed a new motor - again I had my doubts - the motor seemed fine. They replaced it under the warranty and all was good - for a few weeks - probably a coincidence as now it is back, as bad as ever. That was waste of a warranty repair (I had to pay £100 excess for the privilege).

So - it's a mystery problem, but be wary of dealers offering to replace the motor.
sean__wong
In: Sumatra
Options: Lamborghini doors and flux capacitor

Post by sean__wong »

Mine did this more and more.
I cleaned and lubricated and it would get better but return eventually and yes usually in the wet.

Eventually due to other circumstances I replaced my main battery.

Magically No more problem for over 6 months.

Why ?
Perhaps there is a potentiometer based sensor in the door that senses effective resistance. My local dealer was not equipped to resolve so I didn’t pay for a part swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
darrenr0

Post by darrenr0 »

As mentioned in previous posts I think the issue is with faulty software within the door control modules not liking anything under 7 volts.

Whether this is true and fixable - I'm wanted to hear back from others who had this fault corrected at a dealership and if it solved your issue or not (so if that's you and you're reading this please reply).

When researching this issue online I came across this post below that certainly backs up this 'less than 7 volts' issue.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translat ... 170_7.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (it was in another language originally)

'Malfunction description
The affected part numbers for the door control unit are:

1Q0959701 F
1Q0959702 F
1Q0959701 H
1Q0959702 H'

I noticed that others said this issue is only with pre 2009 models, however I have a 2010 but the door control module part number is the very same as the ones listed in the post above.

My advise would be to check and see if your car uses of the part numbers listed above.

I'm now contacting independent mobile VW auto electricians to see if they can fix this problem as don't have much faith in VW fixing this issue.
darrenr0

Post by darrenr0 »

OK I heard back from VW when I emailed them in regards to the software issue of the door controllers not liking 7 volts and their reply was;

'I had a chat with the technician that worked on your vehicle and all the software was up to date on the unit'

So now I'm wondering if it's an intermittent issue with the door micro switch as per this post...

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ch#p204007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However I thought the micros witch just controls locking and unlocking the central locking?

Does anyone know 100% if the micro switch controls the window drop when you open and close the door?

Thanks
occor

Post by occor »

I have the same problem with windows on my 2008 rocco. They sometimes go haywire on ignition and forget their position (I need to program them from scratch because they refuse to drop on opening doors). Happily they don't open itself on cold/rainy days. Are there any door control units by part number that are working perfectly without issues?