Wing mirror indicator and heating defective, adjustment works

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Aron
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Oryx White
With a: Manual box

Wing mirror indicator and heating defective, adjustment works

Post by Aron »

Hi all,

When walking to my 2009 Scirocco this morning and unlocking using the key fob as usual, I noticed that the indicator on the passenger side wing mirror wasn't lighting up. After starting the ignition, I tried again using the regular indicators, but to no avail.

Yesterday, I already noticed that the mirror heating seemed defective. I replaced the mirror glass quite recently due to extensive wobbling, so I just figured I may have installed it improperly. However, with the indicator issue on the same wing mirror this feels like a different issue.

Finally, I tried the electronic mirror adjustment expecting it to also fail. But to my surprise, this worked without any issue.

I already checked the connections in the wing mirror itself, they seem to be fine.
Does anyone have experience with this kind of issue, and know where to start looking further?
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Re: Wing mirror indicator and heating defective, adjustment works

Post by bigkris06 »

Owing to the mirror adjustment still working I’d say there is an issue behind the glass, you may have inadvertently nipped on of the cables inside. If not could just be a defective mirror indicator.
Is it the original indicator? The aftermarket cool looking ones are crap quality and some only last a few months at best.
Pop the mirror glass out and check all wiring and hopefully you should be able to find the issue easily.