Adventures into the shiny side

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
finetrond
I drive a: Scirocco R

Re: Adventures into the shiny side

Post by finetrond »

Wow, not much love for the details during covid, and 6 months spent in BRD.
Back to with Chemical Guys VRP. Looks great going on. The door rubber seals looks great. and the black rubber around the side windows too.
We will see how it holds up to use and wash.
Use the same on the tires, or any other recommendations? I've been using Carpro Perl, looks good. Maybe something more shiny would be better.
Collector of warning lights.
finetrond

Post by finetrond »

The verdict: Good for interior, not so much for the outerior.
Slathered it on the tires too. nah fam, it isn't doing it for me. The CarPro Perl on the Blue car's tires looks better two weeks in than the VRP two days in.
Next up Gtechniq C4. Pricy to say the least, promises two years. I'm looking for that deep black on the trims.
Meguira's Endureance for them tires?
finetrond

Post by finetrond »

I have been using CG Leather Cleaner/Conditioner on the leather seats for a few years. They don't look bad, alas there are signs of wear. Ripped threads in few places. Can't been seen unless you are head down, ass up looking at the underside of the seat. Is it the start of the end?

Previously I have applied he conditioner in hotter weather, that was not so smart. It dries out too fast. The milder weather now allows the conditioner to absorb over longer time, I'm still impatient. So 6hrs will have to do. And second application may be coming. The instructions of the bottle leaves something to be interpreted by the user.