15 Scirocco R - Missfire Shaking

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Emzz1
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: 2015

15 Scirocco R - Missfire Shaking

Post by Emzz1 »

Hi,

After accelerating hard in 2nd gear, the car started shaking quite bad, luckily was around the corner from home. Left it until the next day and started next day and shaking quite bad from the engine and like backfiring from the exhaust.
AA attended and found these fault codes,
Engine control 1 - VM9 / Motronic MED 9 Status :P0033 - Exh.gas turbocharger solen.air rec.valve. Error Message : Electrical fault. Error static. Status :P2261 - Exhaust supercharger air circulation valve. Error Message : Mechanical fault. Error sporadic. Status :P1528 - Camshaft timing (bank 1). Error Message : Open circuit. Error sporadic. Status :P0030 - O2 sensor heater circuit (bank 1, sensor 1). Error Message : Open circuit. Error static. Status :P0300 - Combustion failure detected. Error Message : Signal improbable. Error static. Status :P0301 - Combustion failure cylinder 1 detected. Error Message : Signal improbable. Error static. Status :P0304 - Combustion failure cylinder 4 detected. Error Message : Signal improbable. Error static.We have recovered your vehicle.Engine rough running. Fault codes found for engine timing and combustion failure on cylinders 1 & 4, suspect engine timing issue. Recovered to garage of members request. Engine Oil Level Ok. Coolant Level Ok. We have recovered your vehicle.Engine rough running. Fault codes found for engine timing and combustion failure on cylinders 1 & 4, suspect engine timing issue.
At a garage now who the patrol recommend and he has not took a proper look yet but says, could be spark plugs, coil packs, injectors or could need engine rebuild or new engine and not sure yet.

Any help advice would be recommended thanks
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Re: 15 Scirocco R - Missfire Shaking

Post by 2207 »

keep us updated
Emzz1

Post by Emzz1 »

Dont know if im talking to myself but, they check the spark plugs and coil packs they are fine. Now say could be injectors or inlet manifold needs cleaning and they cannot do that. Also said will check the timing.
Going to wait until monday then i may take to another garage to test injectors and inlet clean for £400. They may say injectors cant be saved then another bill to replace injectors.
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue

Post by 2207 »

I think you deffo need to get the timing checked before spending any more money
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Did you get this sorted? - mine did that, it was the cam sensor, the engine cover had snapped the terminal, replaced that and it was all good
Emzz1

Post by Emzz1 »

Yes it was all sorted in the end.

Took it from that garage and over to rtech.

Changed x4 injectors, inlet walnut blasted, turbo replacement, 02 sensor and flashed to their stage 1.