2011 (137,138) Boot lock Mechanism broken!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
MR13MOS
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Panoramic roof / Rear Sensors / Heated Leather / Bluetooth retrofit / Big Speedo / Diamond LED H7 / 19" Luganos

2011 (137,138) Boot lock Mechanism broken!!

Post by MR13MOS »

Hi guys,

Drove to Scafell Pike on the weekend. Arrived and went to open the boot - it made an odd noise and then wouldn't close again. On closer inspection it seems as if the catch that locks the top boot into the car body isn't responding to the key and won't close... :fall:

Can anyone tell me a part number for this please? I've had a look online and seems that there are a couple that show up:

1K8 627 505 C
1K8 827 505 D

Can anyone confirm which i would need for my model? And bonus question: are they easy to fit???
Doesn't look like there's easy access through the boot which makes me think i'd have to remove the rear wiper perhaps?

Thanks!
Geeba
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black

Re: 2011 (137,138) Boot lock Mechanism broken!!

Post by Geeba »

Did you ever get this sorted? - my lock has just packed up as well

I see a lot of these online but they all seem to list as Golf parts, if anyone knows what one fits the Scirocco it would be appreciated
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

So has no one bought a boot lock for a Scirocco?
megatron-uk
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box

Post by megatron-uk »

According to https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/scir ... 827000/#27

.. the part number for a 2011 is:

1K8 827 505 B

They are a swine to get to though. I've just had to disassemble my tailgate due to damage, and there's the large piece of plastic trim to remove from the bottom of the tailgate interior (lots of plastic fasteners held on by those metal clips - be careful easing it off; they love to snap), then two large spline bolts hold the lock mechanism to the boot. Also remember to take the electrical fastener off the top of the lock as there isn't much slack in the wiring.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

megatron-uk wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:15 pm According to https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/scir ... 827000/#27

.. the part number for a 2011 is:

1K8 827 505 B

They are a swine to get to though. I've just had to disassemble my tailgate due to damage, and there's the large piece of plastic trim to remove from the bottom of the tailgate interior (lots of plastic fasteners held on by those metal clips - be careful easing it off; they love to snap), then two large spline bolts hold the lock mechanism to the boot. Also remember to take the electrical fastener off the top of the lock as there isn't much slack in the wiring.
Very much appreciated! - that confirms its the same as the MK5/6 Golf items listed online.... I'll get one ordered up.

Yeah must admit I've been putting it off as I just know the plastic clips are going to give me grief :(

All the best with your project, does look good, let me know if you need me to look at anything on mine.... or you could just buy my R! LOL! thinking I need something bigger really... it's just me and the kids, but they're getting older now so car seats have been replaced with mountain bikes LOL!
megatron-uk
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box

Post by megatron-uk »

Ah, mine (kids) are still in booster seats and just starting to outgrow my little Mito, so no need for mountain bike carrying yet!

It does need rather a lot of force to pull off that panel - try and get a large flat-bladed screwdriver, or trim-panel remover underneath to help lever it off, and start from the corners. The first tailgate I took apart was the damaged one, and I pulled too hard, too quickly and snapped at least 3 or 4 of the plastic mounts for the clips, with the second tailgate (the one I was replacing it with, but stripping to repaint it - I couldn't find an Indium Grey facelift boot lid anywhere!) I was a bit slower and worked my way from the corner slowly and didn't snap any plastic clips that time!