Help with replacing buttons

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Swarms
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Help with replacing buttons

Post by Swarms »

Hi, I have an air horn that I want to fit to my rocco for a bit of fun as I had one on my last car but used a button to use the air horn and just drilled a hole next to my gear stick to house the button but I don't want to do that for my rocco and was wondering if anyone knew anywhere for replacement buttons. like I have 2 spare slots in front of my dgs gear stick and cant find anywhere that do blank replacement buttons as the blanks that are in there now don't click like a button and the button that I had in my old car is too big and aren't a fit for the replacement slots or the right shape

I have a 2015 Scirocco 2L diesel if that makes any difference with other sciroccos
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Help with replacing buttons

Post by Cuprabob »

There used to be a company named "Carstyle4U" that did replacement switches with novelty icon such as "ejector seat" but that company seems to have disappeared.

The switches are common across the Scirocco, Golf MK5 and Golf MK6 and I'm sure you would be able to pick up one on Ebay, Alex press or even Amazon. Worse case a VW dealer will be able to supply one.