Error code advice!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Grantym7
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Dark Oak
With a: Manual box

Error code advice!

Post by Grantym7 »

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can shed some more light on my car issues, I broke down the other day and got some error codes from the AA, I'm going to replace the coil packs so that should solve most of my problems, just need some answers to weather or not the other error codes are/can also be related to the coil packs or if they are a separate issue altogether. Many thanks! See below for the codes. Seeking advice as the garages around me seem dodgy and extortionate!

Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - A0F / Motronic MED 17 Status :P2188 - Fuel system - Bank 1. Error Message : Mixture too rich at idle. Error static. Status :P2178 - Fuel system - Bank 1. Error Message : As of idling speed system too rich. Error static. Status :P2279 - Air intake system. Error Message : Air leakage. Error sporadic. Status :P0300 - Combustion failure detected. Error Message : . Error static. Status :P0301 - Combustion failures detected in the component <Cylinder 1>.. Error Message : . Error static. Status :P0304 - Combustion failures detected in the component <Cylinder 4>.. Error Message : . Error static. Status :P0303 - Combustion failures detected in the component <Cylinder 3>.. Error Message : . Error static.Cleared codes and followed