Changing OEM paddle shifters on Scirocco R 2010

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Jake1999
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Changing OEM paddle shifters on Scirocco R 2010

Post by Jake1999 »

Hi,

I have a 2010 Scirocco R with DSG, it has the original paddle shifters on the steering wheel but is there any way to remove these and change with a different set that look better?

I’ve seen some videos of people being able to remove the pin that holds the paddle shifters to the steering wheel and for new paddle shifters on a 2.0 TSI but when I look at my own paddles they don’t have a pin and seems like there’s no way to removes them…any thoughts?

Thanks, Jake :)
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Changing OEM paddle shifters on Scirocco R 2010

Post by Cuprabob »

All the aftermarket paddles I've seen retain the existing paddles and stick onto them using strong double sided tape.
nUzumaki
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Re: Changing OEM paddle shifters on Scirocco R 2010

Post by nUzumaki »

I have a 2103 1.4 tsi, I can only find tutorials with the pin removal. Mine has the pins but you’re unable to grab them and pull them out as they sit flush with the mounting point so I feel like the only way for removal is to fully remove the steering wheel and take it apart to get to them? I’m not a fan of the stuck on paddle extensions but if they’re your thing then it can save a lot of potential hassle?