Hot start problems

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
peejay
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Hot start problems

Post by peejay »

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem as I have with a 2010 2.0 GT TSI auto. Lately it has been reluctant to start, but only when hot. Cold starts are fine, but if you stop when the engine is hot and go to start again soon e.g as in say a stop for fuel, the car refuses to start (the starter turns over but the engine won't fire). Leave it to sit for 10 mins or so and it starts as normal and runs fine. I heard from a friend of a friend who had a similar problem but on a TDI so I don't know if the same explanation is valid but from what I'm led to believe, it's most likely a faulty starter motor. Apparently the starter sensor detects the temperature and if the engine is hot it requires the engine to be turned over at a higher rate than if cold....if the starter motor is on its way out then it may not be able to spin it hard enough. I'm not sure if the explanation makes sense or if it does whether the same logic applies to the petrol engine as the diesel. I'd be keen to know if anyone else has either experienced similar and if so what the outcome was or if you can shed any further light on the problem.
Thanks
pj
ashw140
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green

Re: Hot start problems

Post by ashw140 »

Hi Peejay, im having similar issues did you ever sort this out? What was the issue