[MOD] New steering wheel

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Sapia
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

[MOD] New steering wheel

Post by Sapia »

Hey guys,

after 2 months of drawing, planning and work, yesterday we finally installed my new custom steering wheel.
The idea is based on the 7R steering wheel, highly modified based on my requests.
The donor for the project was a used Golf 7 GTI OEM steering wheel. The modification, carbon- and leather work were all done by a professional.

Apart from the donor steering wheel I obviously needed the following:
- new OEM airbag;
- new OEM steering wheel module;
- new OEM buttons (to match those that Facelift R has);
- new OEM piano black trim;
- new DSG paddles;
- and a few bits here and there.

It was a costly project but I'm absolutely satisfied with how it turned out at the end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spacewalker
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Urano Grey

Re: [MOD] New steering wheel

Post by spacewalker »

think to add CCS buttons on it , and move whole CCS to MFSW
that modyfication was expensive i think, so take as much as you can from driving after :)

SWCm no need to be replace, because there was no compatybile module
you need a special module, so keep your current SWCM
for more info - contact me .
Thx
CCS via MFSW in 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ8cBbe ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sapia
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black

Re: [MOD] New steering wheel

Post by Sapia »

Yeah I was considering to move cruise control to steering wheel but I never found it comfy, to be frank.
I do have another set of buttons as I was hesitant until the last second but I'd rather stick to them being on the OG position (btw that's how it is on FL as well).

We do have another, new generation VW in the family which has CC on MFSW ( so I can compare it firsthand) but I like it better where it is on the Roc. :)