Car unlocking itself

Everything about the R for potential owners.
DRobbo92
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box

Car unlocking itself

Post by DRobbo92 »

Hi there , new to the forum. I own a scirocco R , had it a few months now however a few days ago it started unlocking itself. I’ll lock it and within a few minutes it unlocks . I’ve also noticed it has stopped auto locking when I walk away from the car like it used to.

I’ve changed the batteries in both keys but that hasn’t solved the issue. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this issue and if so was it an easy fix?

Many thanks in advance.
spacewalker
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Urano Grey
With a: DSG box

Re: Car unlocking itself

Post by spacewalker »

VCDS and check errors
CCS via MFSW in 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ8cBbe ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DRobbo92

Post by DRobbo92 »

I don’t have one on hand unfortunately and my garage I use is currently closed until next week. I’m just going to have to wait until then but it’s very inconvenient as now when I do manage to get it to stay locked the alarm goes off after a few hour so I then I have to unlock it which starts it off all over again.

Also once it’s unlocked every now and again it will act as if it’s been unlocked again and the interior lights and puddle lights come on.
chelspeed
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

Try locking it without the inerior protection on. If it stay's locked without alarming that will point at the interior sensor being the culprit. Forget how you do this, there might be a button on the drivers b pillar, or you press a different sequence on the fob. The manual will describe it.
DRobbo92

Post by DRobbo92 »

chelspeed wrote:Try locking it without the inerior protection on. If it stay's locked without alarming that will point at the interior sensor being the culprit. Forget how you do this, there might be a button on the drivers b pillar, or you press a different sequence on the fob. The manual will describe it.

Thanks for the advice I’ll give that a try. I think I’ve stumbled across a way to keep it locked for now until I can take it to a garage , which is to double click the lock button and hold it a few seconds. Though I’m not sure if it will stop the alarm going off, it was locked for about 8 hours before it happened last night . Sure the neighbours loved that :D
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Double clicking the lock button on the keyfob disables the deadlocks but sorry can't remember if it also disables the alarm.

As said above, there is a button on the driver's side B pillar that you push before closi g the door to disable the interior sensors.
DRobbo92

Post by DRobbo92 »

Cuprabob wrote:Double clicking the lock button on the keyfob disables the deadlocks but sorry can't remember if it also disables the alarm.

As said above, there is a button on the driver's side B pillar that you push before closi g the door to disable the interior sensors.
Yes the double click was just to try to get it to remain locked. The alarm going off every few hours is an inconvenience but the main issue Im having is it unlocking constantly , as if someone is clicking unlock on the key fob. The indicators flash twice , interior lights come on and if I leave the headlights on auto , the headlights come on aswell if it’s dark. Double clicking appears to have at least stopped it doing that. I’m going to try pressing that button and see if that stops the alarm activating . It don’t go off often, it was after around 8 hours last night