2011 Scirocco 170

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
andirob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic roof.
Dynaudio sound system.
DCC adaptive suspension.

2011 Scirocco 170

Post by andirob »

Hi, Im new to this forum having just bought a 2011 Scirocco 2.0 TDI 170. Lovely car and Ive figured out how most things work except the sat nav thinks Im in Germany and I don't know how to change it to the UK. It find my destination but won't change the start country. Does anyone know if this is easily fixable. Also when I bought the car I put £50 diesel in and having previously had a Gold 2.0 TDI 110 I thought the mpg would be similar. The Golf got me at least 45mpg on short journeys. I haven't used all the diesel yet but its looking like Im getting low 30's to the gallon and that's being driven carefully. Does anyone know what I should realistically expect. Many thanks.
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: 2011 Scirocco 170

Post by Cuprabob »

Can't help with the sat nav but I have a 170 TDI and average mid 40s aroind town and mid 50s on a run.

Edit: The links below sounds like a similar issue with the sat nav
https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/inde ... ic=18801.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/3 ... ancashire/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
andirob
Dynaudio sound system.
DCC adaptive suspension.

Post by andirob »

Thanks very much
Deagol
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Re: 2011 Scirocco 170 fuel consumption

Post by Deagol »

Hi Andirob,

My 2010 TDi 170 usually returns an indicated 50-55 mpg (60mpg on a really good day!). There are a wealth of threads here between this Multi-Function Display reading and "real world" figures. I have listed out all the fuel I have bought and compared a calculated real-world mpg versus this car-generated figure and I'd say the real world consumption is around 48-55 mpg when the MFD displayed 50-60 mpg.

You might want to check if your engine software had been updated by VW after their Emissions Scandal publicity. I have refused to get mine altered because of the anecdotal evidence from drivers. Apparently the software update can impact on the emissions.

Fingers crossed !

D
Baptised with Aerosmith
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I should add that the figures quoted in my post are also with a car without the "emissions update" as I too refused to get it done.
andirob
Dynaudio sound system.
DCC adaptive suspension.

Post by andirob »

Well after thinking the unit or antenna were to blame I found it was just a problem with the wiring at the back of the unit. The main wiring plug going into the back get loose as the plastic thing you use to fix it in place is broken and I can't be sure but maybe the antenna wire were the wrong way round. It all works fine now and it finds the satellite and no longer thinks Im in Germany. Just need a new plastic thing that goes on the wiring plug to secure it tightly in the back of the stereo.

As for the mpg after having the car for 2 months now I figure it gets about 40mpg on mixed journeys and around town. I guess motorway journeys should be more.