Identify which genuine gearbox oil to use

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
itisgeorge
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box

Identify which genuine gearbox oil to use

Post by itisgeorge »

Hi all,

Continuing my notchy/rough gear saga I’ve been recommended to have the oil changed on the manual gearbox.

Most people say go with genuine oil, is this the best stuff or is there another variety to try for a possible work synchro? Heard of others using Millers.

According to the VW’s ETKA there’s more than one type of genuine gearbox oil depending on your gearbox model, for which my 2010 Scirocco a few show up. I’ve tried searching by VIN but it just says it can’t find any results.

Question is, how do I workout which gearbox model mine is?

Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Identify which genuine gearbox oil to use

Post by Cuprabob »

If you look at the build sticker located on the boot floor or on the one stuck on the inside of the service booklet, you should get a 3 digit gearbox code and should be able to cross reference that with the correct oil.
itisgeorge

Post by itisgeorge »

Cuprabob wrote:If you look at the build sticker located on the boot floor or on the one stuck on the inside of the service booklet, you should get a 3 digit gearbox code and should be able to cross reference that with the correct oil.
Perfect, didn’t realise they printed that kind of stuff! Cheers

mclc81
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: IP Ignition Coils (Ignition Projects)

Post by mclc81 »

There are two models for 6-speed manual transmission on Scirocco 2010.

1 - MQ250 (data model KWB); Transmission fluid: G 052512A2; High-perf. transmission fluid: G 052527A2.
2 - MQ350 (data model KNU, KRM, KXZ, KZS, LHD, LMN, LNZ, NFN, NFP, NFU, PFT); Transmission fluid: G 052171A2; High-perf. transmission fluid: G 052527A2.
itisgeorge

Post by itisgeorge »

mclc81 wrote:There are two models for 6-speed manual transmission on Scirocco 2010.

1 - MQ250 (data model KWB); Transmission fluid: G 052512A2; High-perf. transmission fluid: G 052527A2.
2 - MQ350 (data model KNU, KRM, KXZ, KZS, LHD, LMN, LNZ, NFN, NFP, NFU, PFT); Transmission fluid: G 052171A2; High-perf. transmission fluid: G 052527A2.
Great stuff, that simplifies it! The capacity, I recall it being 2.x litres? Buying 3l should cover it?
Cheers

mclc81
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: IP Ignition Coils (Ignition Projects)

Post by mclc81 »

itisgeorge wrote:
mclc81 wrote:There are two models for 6-speed manual transmission on Scirocco 2010.

Great stuff, that simplifies it! The capacity, I recall it being 2.x litres? Buying 3l should cover it?
Cheers

When I changed the transmission fluid on my gearbox, I bought as a precaution 3 ltr.

The official factory data:
Capacity of manual gearbox (gearbox completely dismantled) - 2,1 ltr.
Capacity of manual gearbox (gearbox partially dismantled) - 1,9 ltr.