Problems with Aftermarket bluetooth

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Alol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: Pan roof

Problems with Aftermarket bluetooth

Post by Alol »

Hi, I have a 2011 Roc GT TSI with an aftermarket Bluetooth. I cannot seem to find a brand name on it but when I 1st had the car I paired my phone to it & it was fine. It has recently started playing up, Basically after firing up with a Vw logo then 4 commands which don't respond to touch screen or voice control. It keeps verbally repeating the message A20DP is not responding. I now have a new phone which means I would like to get it working & hence paired to my new phone. It is rectangular in shape and is on a bracket to the left of my head unit. I did in May change my RCD510 to a RNS510 but everything had been fine until the last 6 weeks ago.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Problems with Aftermarket bluetooth

Post by Cuprabob »

Sounds like a Parrot unit that some dealers fitted as an official VW accessory. If you do a search on Google using a combination of VW Parrot and Bluetooth you should be able to identify it and download a manual to assist you on pairing your phone.
Alol

Post by Alol »

I've done a bit of digging and as per my usual modus of operandi I bought a car on the crossover of no bluetooth/factory fit. It's a Vw unit part number 0000 051 073A, Apparently Vw fitted them at PDI time on certain cars. I can buy with return option a replacement unit for 30 notes off ebay. Although I haven't as I write this Googled it to see if it can shed any light on it.
Alol

Post by Alol »

I have cleaned the contacts for both the holder & the unit and it appears to be now behaving itself although it is searching for my old phone (which I recently broke)
So my question is how do I pair a new phone to it?

Thanks
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I would have thought that if you did a BT search from your new phone it would find the unit and allow you to connect and pair the phone to it.
Alol

Post by Alol »

I have tried on my phone to do this without success. I don't get that much phone traffic whilst I am driving but it would be nice ro get to use the theoretical features of my car. Got an offer in px against an E92 M3 which is looking more tempting by the minute.....