Damaged rear panel

Everything about the R for potential owners.
MikeyTSI
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Luxury mats, no need to add anymore.

Damaged rear panel

Post by MikeyTSI »

Just looking for opinions if you think an insurance company would write off the car. Would be gutted if they did. I think it’s repairable but wouldn’t have any idea what it would cost.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Damaged rear panel

Post by Cuprabob »

It's certainly fixable but it would cost a good few grand to put right. I think an insurance company would write it off, although if they do you could always buy it back and have it repaired although it would be recorded as a "Cat N" so it may be difficult to sell on and it's value diminished.

If it were my car, I would want it to be written off as you would never be totally happy no matter how good the repair is.
MikeyTSI

Post by MikeyTSI »

Thanks for your reply, I need to take it to the garage tomorrow, I hope it doesn’t get written off as it would a real shame.
Although I would consider buying it back and repairing myself as I really don’t want to give her up.
RoccoTom
Options: Cruise control
Auto folding mirrors
'R' side sill strips
Luxury mats

Post by RoccoTom »

Sorry to hear of the damage - an identical car to mine, and I know how I'd be feeling if that happened. Do you know whether the impact is restricted to that panel, or has it maybe even compromised the passenger door or possibly the rear axle in some way? I guess that's what you'll find out tomorrow.

Can I ask how it happened? It's taken a fair old wallop there.

Tom
MikeyTSI

Post by MikeyTSI »

I was turning right on a roundabout and an old guy in a little Peugeot came straight into roundabout and slammed into me, I don’t think he even slowed down so was doing at least 25 mph. I think the wheel took a lot of the impact but the lateral movement damaged the panel. The door is ok and no dents so as long as the subframe is ok then they might be able to replace the panel. I will let you know how I get on over the next couple of days.
MikeyTSI

Post by MikeyTSI »

Insurance have agreed to repair the car so should get it back around 20th nov.