Passenger Electric Window Switch

Everything about the R for potential owners.
tinkythomas
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, Dynaudio sound system, Electric folding mirrors, RNS 510 DVD Sat-Nav with 6-disc changer, 19" Talladega, Cruise Control, iPod preparation, Smoking pack, Panoramic Sunroof

Passenger Electric Window Switch

Post by tinkythomas »

Hi, the passenger electric window switch has failed on my 2011 R. Has anyone attempted replacing the switch and if so have any tips? Do I need to remove the door card to get access to it?

Thanks

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Passenger Electric Window Switch

Post by Cuprabob »

No need to remove for card. Use a trim tool or similar to carefully prise the switch out and unplug it.
tinkythomas
Options: Leather, Dynaudio sound system, Electric folding mirrors, RNS 510 DVD Sat-Nav with 6-disc changer, 19" Talladega, Cruise Control, iPod preparation, Smoking pack, Panoramic Sunroof

Post by tinkythomas »

Thank you very much for the advice. I was worried I would have to remove the door card. Sure I saw a a post, can't remember where now that said you had to remove it.

I will take a look during the week

Thanks again!

tinkythomas

Post by tinkythomas »

Finally got around to having a look at the window switch but using plastic trim tools I cannot get the switch and housing out of the door card. I didn't want to use too much force but its well and truly in there. I cannot see how it is held in place!? Any further advice, anyone changed a switch before?

tinkythomas

Post by tinkythomas »

Just to inform I have now replaced the window switch. I had to remove the door card to get access to the switch housing clips. Removing the door card wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Apologies, I was sure you could dislodge the clip without having to remove the door card. Glad you got it sorted.
tinkythomas

Post by tinkythomas »

Cuprabob wrote:Apologies, I was sure you could dislodge the clip without having to remove the door card. Glad you got it sorted.
No problem at all. Maybe it is possible to do it without removing the door card, but I couldn't figure out how!? Thanks again for your help though.

Joshholmes17
In: Candy White

Post by Joshholmes17 »

Hi mate sorry to bump this thread. I need to replace my passenger switch but how the hell do you remove the switch from the door card?
I’ve got the door card off but can’t get the switch to budge at all
finetrond

Post by finetrond »

Its been proven over the years I'm no car mechanic. But how dissimilar to this video can it be? Clips in from below.
https://www.1aauto.com/how-to-replace-p ... ideo/48308
Collector of warning lights.