Sync button swap

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Sebback
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Urano Grey
With a: DSG box

Sync button swap

Post by Sebback »

I have retrofittet a climate control from a 2013 VW Passat CC, I purchased the climate control from eBay, shipped from Ireland that means the Sync button is on the right side for controlling both the temperature, and my car is LHD. Is it possible to code it to the left side?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Sync button swap

Post by Cuprabob »

I didn't realise the button locations on the climate control panels were any different between LHD and RHD variants. I'm not sure how easy it is to modify the firmware on the climate control module and whetjer it can be done using VCDS. Maybe worth a look on the Ross Tech website wiki.

I've had my Scirocco for over 8 years and can't remember ever using the button :)
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

On mine the temp sync function syncs to the temp setting on the driver's side therefore on your panel it may sync to the setting on the passenger side, so if the button position annoys you, this may do so too.
Sebback

Post by Sebback »

Problem is, when I press the Sync button It's the passenger side that can change both temperatures, so if possible to do something that can make the drivere side to control both temperatures when pressing the Sync button.
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Sebback wrote:Problem is, when I press the Sync button It's the passenger side that can change both temperatures, so if possible to do something that can make the drivere side to control both temperatures when pressing the Sync button.
Yes, so basically what I was referring to in my last post. Sorry, I'm not aware of an easy solution.
Sebback

Post by Sebback »

I think it's possible to do, maybe in the "secret menu" in the climatronic. Just don't want to fuck things up in that menu :?
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

As far as I know the "secret menu" doesn't allow you to change anything but only display data from the various sensors and fault codes relevant to the climate control system.

If you do find out it can be done, please come back and post details incase anyone has a similar issue in the future.

Good luck...
Sebback

Post by Sebback »

Figured it out, by swapping pin 16 with pin 20 and leaving pin 20 with no connection, all works now.
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Good stuff :D
Sebback

Post by Sebback »

Sure is, but thanks to the other article with the retrofit of the newer version of the climate control I've never achieved this haha :clap: