Facelift halogen lights

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Firemonkey
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Facelift halogen lights

Post by Firemonkey »

Hi everyone

Iv just bought the new facelift halogen lights for my 59plate scirocco tdi as I needed to replace them. There working fine, all lights come on like there should but iv notice that on the new ones it has another bulb. In instead of two like on my old ones it has three bulbs. I’m just wondering what this extra bulb is for? and is it possible to get it to work?

Cheers
davidscirocco
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: panorama tilting roof, electric
"interlagos" alloy wheels
sport pack
RCD 510
air-contition Climatronic with dual- zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable

Re: Facelift halogen lights

Post by davidscirocco »

im in not mistaken i think they are DRL's
Firemonkey

Post by Firemonkey »

Thanks. Do you know if there is a way to get them to work?
davidscirocco
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: panorama tilting roof, electric
"interlagos" alloy wheels
sport pack
RCD 510
air-contition Climatronic with dual- zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable

Post by davidscirocco »

i dont know for sure if its DRL's but if it is you can bridge the side lights on the bumper with the DRL's of the headlights i dont know if there are any diagrams for halogen lights to compare pre facelift with facelift headlights pinouts
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

On most of the facelift models I see, the DRLs are below the bumper. Possibly there are halogen facelift models with the DRL integrated into the headlight unit. I'm only familiar with the pre-facelift setup.

Another option could be that it's a "cornering light"as I have on my pre-facelift Xenon set up.

If you could identify the type of bulb and wattage, it would go a long way to identifying it's purpose.
Firemonkey

Post by Firemonkey »

I’ve tried search the web David but can’t find anything on wiring diagrams for them
Ok cuprabob i’ll Get the info off it tonight and post it
Firemonkey

Post by Firemonkey »

At last I managed to have time to get the info off the bulb it says

GE12WLL
W5WF505

Well that’s what I can make out as it’s very small writing
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I believe that's just a 5W position / sidelight bulb. Sounds as if the facelift has the sidelight integrated into the headlight assembly. I'm sure someone who has a facelift will be able to confirm.

If they are and you want them to function, you just need to find out which pin on the connector connects to the bulb using a multimeter and run a wire from your current sidelight, below the bumper, to the pin on the connector. It's your choice whether you want both working or whetherbyou just want the ones in the headlight working and disconnect the bumper ones.
Firemonkey

Post by Firemonkey »

Cool cheers mate that’s great to know. Thanks for your help