Dynaudio with aftermarket headunit

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Sebback
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Urano Grey
With a: DSG box

Dynaudio with aftermarket headunit

Post by Sebback »

I recently purchased an Xtrons Android headunit, but it dosen't support the Dynaudio sound system. So I've looked on this adapter:

https://www.schlauer-shop24.de/epages/6 ... cale=de_DE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does anyone know if that adapter would make it play music with the Dynaudio factory amplifier?

I've also looked on this adapter I wrote to him asking if it can make it play, and he said he never installed the adapter on a Scirocco or an Xtrons unit, but he dosen't see why it should't work:

https://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_SRWH_VW07_MAESTRO.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mrthomson
In: Sumatra

Re: Dynaudio with aftermarket headunit

Post by mrthomson »

I had the same issue, Ended up sending mine back. if you try Pumpkin Audio - exact same unit but supports dynaudio
irocman78
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White

Post by irocman78 »

Sebback wrote:I recently purchased an Xtrons Android headunit, but it dosen't support the Dynaudio sound system. So I've looked on this adapter:

https://www.schlauer-shop24.de/epages/6 ... cale=de_DE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does anyone know if that adapter would make it play music with the Dynaudio factory amplifier?

I've also looked on this adapter I wrote to him asking if it can make it play, and he said he never installed the adapter on a Scirocco or an Xtrons unit, but he dosen't see why it should't work:

https://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_SRWH_VW07_MAESTRO.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi Sebback , have you solved the problem, have you purchased the Dynaudio adapter wiring?
Sebback

Post by Sebback »

I ended up buying the Xtrons PQ89UNVIP and installed it, even though they say it can't play sound with the Dynaudio it did. It works for me without any adapters.
OllieB2000
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by OllieB2000 »

How is the sound quality with the dynaudio? I've seen a few people claim it sounds massively inferior with aftermarket units instead of the standard ,however those posts were from a year or 2 ago so things have hopefully improved since then.

Would you recommend the Xtrons still as I'm looking at android head units but keep bouncing between manufacturers at this point.
Sebback

Post by Sebback »

Definitely, I had Xtrons installed in my Mercedes before I got the Scirocco. Quality is actually really good, 2 things I don't like is that you can't customize the amplifier on the Xtrons as well as you can on a let's say Pioneer/Kenwood unit. The app shortcuts aren't really there so if you delete a shortcut you won't be able to find it again, there is no app list if you know what I mean. Otherwise it is a fast unit and quality on the screen is really good.

I would upload a picture but maximum size of the picture is only 256kb and I'm not sure how to make my picture that size instead of 2,6mb
OllieB2000

Post by OllieB2000 »

Just picked up myself a Scirocco today so looking forward to doing a few things to make it my own. Xtrons will definitely be on the list it looks like.

I wonder if you could briefly let me know how the following works for you as not sure how else I'll find out about all the small ins and outs before buying :)
  • Does the climate control stuff still display on the xtrons when you make adjustments like the standard unit
  • Does the reversing sensor show up ok
  • How's the xtrons interact with the MFD, can you still view nav or music info etc?
I'm glad it works well with your Dynaudio though as that was one of my main concerns
Sebback

Post by Sebback »

The climate control do show up on the display, same for parking sensors, but it's not well made like on the RCD/RNS units, but it sure works.

On the MFD I can only control the radio station I want to listen to, but I use Sportify on the Xtrons unit, and when playing music from there it does not show up on the MFD, not sure if it's supposed to do so.
:)
OllieB2000

Post by OllieB2000 »

Few minor niggles then but sounds like the pros will outweigh the cons. Don't think Those things will bother me too much.

Thanks for the info :yes:
Sebback

Post by Sebback »

Yeah, no problem I love my unit since you can install almost any app you want and make great use of it. Google maps and stuff runs really smooth. :)