Engine Oil level check light

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Jay420
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Engine Oil level check light

Post by Jay420 »

Hi all,

A couple of quick question, hope they make sense:
this is regarding the 1.4tsi Scirocco that has 3.6 litres of oil capacity.
1: Below what point does the engine oil level check light comes on? If the engine oil level check light comes on for the very 1st time, does the engine still have some oil left in it or none?
2: The dipstick from max to min, how many litres does it show? and if the oil level on the dip stick goes below minimum, does the car still have oil left?

Kind regards
Kendrick
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Re: Engine Oil level check light

Post by Kendrick »

Usually the engine oil light comes on when ur engine oil is below minimum (i dont know how may litres it is). You should still have oil in it even when the check light is on unless you've got a massive leak or you've drained all the oil n for some reason decided not to top it up. However i would not recommend attempting to drive it with your oil level below minimum. Idk if this is of any help but there it is just check ur dipstick n make sure u keep it between min n max.
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Jay420 wrote:Hi all,

A couple of quick question, hope they make sense:
this is regarding the 1.4tsi Scirocco that has 3.6 litres of oil capacity.
1: Below what point does the engine oil level check light comes on? If the engine oil level check light comes on for the very 1st time, does the engine still have some oil left in it or none?
2: The dipstick from max to min, how many litres does it show? and if the oil level on the dip stick goes below minimum, does the car still have oil left?

Kind regards
Dipstick max to min mark is about 1 litre, so theoretically there is still 2.6 litres in the sump, but this does not mean it is safe to continue to drive. If the check engine oil light illuminates, it must be topped up asap, and the engine should be driven gently to prevent possible damage.
Jay420
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Post by Jay420 »

@skippy thanks.