Thinking of buying another

Everything about the R for potential owners.
cyman
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Thinking of buying another

Post by cyman »

I doubt anyone will remember me but I was an R owner between 2012 and 2014 I sold it to scratch a Japanese itch which has now gone.

The R is on the list of possible purchases in the coming months and I'm looking at 2017 cars with as low mileage as I can get.

Heres my question have the later facelift R,s changed massively over the early ones?? Is there anything I should look out for or are they still pretty bulletproof??

Cheers in advance
3t3p
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Re: Thinking of buying another

Post by 3t3p »

facelift looks far worse from the front end and IMO rear too. wheels worse.

have 280ps as standard from engine

have ricey boost guages above centre console

R trim inside car might be black/dark instead of lighter grey though don't hold me to that.
kentech
In: Rising Blue

Post by kentech »

Early facelift models (MY15) have the old infotainment (RCD, RNS), but from MY16 they updated it to the newer Golf 7 style (Discovery etc.). Other than that there was not really any changes to the R during the last model years.

This is in German, and for all Scirocco models, but it's a compehensive list of all MY changes to the Mk3:

https://www.michaelneuhaus.de/scirocco/ ... odjahr.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally I also don't like the facelift look even half as much as the pre-facelift on the R.
Veratio
In: Rising Blue

Post by Veratio »

I find the pre-facelift to be a bit too rounded in the corners. The new one is much prettier, but to each his own.

Sold mine a few months back, now I drive an E-pace. It´s a good car, the first car I ever had with more than two doors (I am 45 years).

I miss my R, but it was three years old and started to feel a bit dated.
finetrond

Post by finetrond »

Jump in both feet. New facelift gauge pod I'm not a fan of. The head units i outdated, but new android based units that works with steering wheel controls are available.
Collector of warning lights.