DSG Clutch pack replacement cost?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Jay420
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

DSG Clutch pack replacement cost?

Post by Jay420 »

Hi all,

Does anyone know what does replacing a Clutch pack on DQ200 dry clutch 7-speed DSG cost? My Scirocco 1.4 TSI Twincharged 2010 has started to judder on cold runs in 1-3 gears and it seems like clutch wear to me.

Kind regards
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: DSG Clutch pack replacement cost?

Post by Cuprabob »

Apologies I'm not to familiar with the 7 speed dry clutch box but I know on the 6 speed wet clutch box, the clutch clamping force can be adjusted. For reference a set of clutch packs for the 6 speed box is circa £1,100 plus fitting. It's also worth checking that the DSG is running the latest firmware and I'm sure there have been updates to get around various issues.

Are you sure the juddering is down to the gearbox and not down to an engine misfire, which is all too common on the 1.4 TSI twincharger engine.
Jay420

Post by Jay420 »

Hi @cuprabob

Thanks for the reply. Well, There are no misfire codes to make me think its an engine fault. Plus once the car heats up the judders go away. If it was a misfire issue, i would expect it to last throughout the drive.
The DSG is on its latest firmware as confirmed by VW.
Tbh, Im not 100% if it is the clutch pack but I've been doing some "reading" online and the symptoms fit.
But Damn thats one expensive job.

Kind regards
LHM
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by LHM »

Cuprabob wrote:Apologies I'm not to familiar with the 7 speed dry clutch box but I know on the 6 speed wet clutch box, the clutch clamping force can be adjusted. For reference a set of clutch packs for the 6 speed box is circa £1,100 plus fitting. It's also worth checking that the DSG is running the latest firmware and I'm sure there have been updates to get around various issues.

Are you sure the juddering is down to the gearbox and not down to an engine misfire, which is all too common on the 1.4 TSI twincharger engine.
£1100??? Are you sure? https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/ ... 8029c.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

LHM wrote:
Cuprabob wrote:Apologies I'm not to familiar with the 7 speed dry clutch box but I know on the 6 speed wet clutch box, the clutch clamping force can be adjusted. For reference a set of clutch packs for the 6 speed box is circa £1,100 plus fitting. It's also worth checking that the DSG is running the latest firmware and I'm sure there have been updates to get around various issues.

£1100??? Are you sure? https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/ ... 8029c.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In my defence, that's only one and my price was for both clutch packs.
RoccoFirkz
In: Candy White

Post by RoccoFirkz »

Hi,

Had the same issue on my Scirocco 1.4 160 2012!

The dsg is clunky on most of these dsgs on cold starts however here is the process I went through.

Took the car to VW who tried to say it was normal.

Then took it to a private garage who suggested getting the dsg re adapted (£150)
I went ahead with the and the car seemed like it was fixed running smoother than ever however a week later it was back to its old tricks!

Took it back to VW who diagnosed it as the dreaded clutch packs. Paid over 2k for parts and labor (got a free car wash tho lol!)

HOWEVER this again did not fix the issue and after 2 weeks of 'letting it settle in' I went back to VW who said it could be the mechtronics (think i was getting fobbed off) and they wanted further thousands for that as well.

finally I found a fix I took the car to a different VW dealership who suggested to run the new DSG software they had for my car and do the adaption again... to this date it no longer judders and is as smooth as the day it left the factory!

moral of the story is find a reputable VW dealership and ask for a new DSG adaption as this could save you thousands!
Jay420

Post by Jay420 »

Thanks mate,
I will inquire about software updates for the DSG and see if there is any available.
What about the aftermarket DSG softwares? I.e stage 1. Will that have an adverse affect on the DSG performance?

Kind regards
RoccoFirkz
In: Candy White

Post by RoccoFirkz »

I have had my 1.4 remapped to stage 1 with 205hp and tbh with you the dsg felt a lot smoother after this... may just be in my head (probably is) but would highly recommend updating dsg adaption or remap for the clunkiness issues