Seat belt warning at random moments?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Seat belt warning at random moments?

Post by Zanic L3 »

I'm having random moments where the seat belt warning light and the tone comes up. It's caused by me, so the driver there is nothing on the passenger seats.

Does anyone know what this could be? It comes on at random moments and leaves again then.

How can I disable the annoying bing sound? (without vag-com or pulling cables?)
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Seat belt warning at random moments?

Post by Cuprabob »

Check the connections under the seat. It's been known for them to come loose if the seat is slid back full travel. If they are OK it's probably the microswitch in the seat belt receptor that the buckle engages with.

It should be possible to disable the warning with VCDS.
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

Cuprabob wrote:Check the connections under the seat. It's been known for them to come loose if the seat is slid back full travel. If they are OK it's probably the microswitch in the seat belt receptor that the buckle engages with.

It should be possible to disable the warning with VCDS.

Thanks for the swift answer Cuprabob.

How can I know if the connections are fine? If not, how expensive is the microswitch?

i'm going tomorrow to an indie for the oil change so i'll ask
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I don't know if you can just change the microswitch. More than likely it will require a new seat belt buckle. If you wobble the buckle in the mechanism, can you get the warning to trigger?

With regards to the connections under the seat, you should be able to tell if if the connector has been dislodged.

Your indie should be able to check it for you.