Lambda probe 23W6 recall question

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Emz26
I drive a: R-Line
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box

Lambda probe 23W6 recall question

Post by Emz26 »

Wondering if anyone can help me here, my scirocco was in at vw for another job and they told me there was a manufacturers recall with the lambda probe. Does anyone know if the under body guard would need to be removed to carry out this work? I had it done on Monday and the guard literally fell off two days later while I was driving and had to take to another garage to get fixed. Just felt it was a big coincidence...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Lambda probe 23W6 recall question

Post by Cuprabob »

I believe the 23W6 recall is for a specific supplier of the post cat lambda probe. I think they probably would remove the undertray to replace it therefore I certainly would be having a word with the garage.
Emz26

Post by Emz26 »

Thank you Cuprabob, I have asked them and they had outright said no, it was not removed, I’m just not sure I believe it!
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Even if they didn't remove it, they were working in that area, therefore I would have expected them to notice it was insecure and fix it or at least bring it to your attention.
Emz26

Post by Emz26 »

I have already thought this myself that they should have noticed if all screws were loose! I just don’t want to call them back and demand them to check again with their manager that this piece was not removed incase I am wrong. I am conscious that I am a young woman and therefore know nothing (in their opinion)!