Qi Wireless Charging

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
JustKarlos
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Qi Wireless Charging

Post by JustKarlos »

Hi all,

Has anyone fitted a Qi wireless charging in their rocco, and if so where? I'm looking at fitting one inside the ashtray / cubby hole, however, I have no experience of any prior modifications other than simple aesthetics :( .

Could someone please educate me as to where I would need to wire it into and how I would do it? If there are any other threads that cover this please push me in that directions.
davidscirocco
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: panorama tilting roof, electric
"interlagos" alloy wheels
sport pack
RCD 510
air-contition Climatronic with dual- zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable

Re: Qi Wireless Charging

Post by davidscirocco »

JustKarlos

Post by JustKarlos »

:)
davidscirocco wrote:You could try this https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06X1BRC4G/ref ... yCbT9JJPMD
Do you have one yourself David, are you able to advise on the charging speed?
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510
air-contition Climatronic with dual- zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable

Post by davidscirocco »

I dont.. im thinking to buy one but not now... Im sure it will be way slower than a cable...it says its 5v 1A. My first samsung wireless charger which is not fast charging is 5v 2A and its slow... Even if we find a way to put fast charge still it wouldn't be any faster than the cable... I saw some videos on how long it takes to charge with normal wireless and fast charge and its like 30 mins difference but still fast charge take 2 hours to fully charge if not more. For me at the moment its not worth doing this mod. Its more like showing off to your friends that your car has wireless charging than actually using it because its going to take a long time to charge your phone. Ill wait when qi charging gets at a level that wire cables charge. Or at least somewhere close
JustKarlos

Post by JustKarlos »

I hadn't researched the rates wherein Qi charges. I was under the assumption that it would be close to the rate at which mobiles charge via cable. Realistically, if it charges at that much of a deficit, I agree its not worth the time or investment until something greater arrives. In the meantime, I may just utilize a wireless charger that is integrated into a phone holder instead.
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510

Post by davidscirocco »

you can do that or you can buy a wireless charger for your home and see for your self how long it takes to charge your phone and see if its worth having a car wireless charger. in my case if im going to charge my phone from my car is because for some reason i forgot to charge my phone home and want to get as much charge i can and as fast as i can until i arrived to my destination. i dont do long distance drive thats why i want a quick charger but if you are a person that spent too much time driving or do long distance drive then maybe is worth having wireless charging