Power cutout

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Power cutout

Post by Zanic L3 »

So yesterday I was driving a friend around and wanted to show him the car.

When we were in a tunnel I put the DSG in N and revved it up to 4k (to let him hear the sweet catback). It did rev up to 4k but then I pressed the gas again to give it another rev and it didn't wanna rev after that first time (hit 4k first time) and I did put it back in D and drove off, after a few minutes it was at around 90°C and didn't notice any other weird quirks

The water temp was at the middle (like always) but the oil was only just around 70-75 °C. Can it be that the engine did cut off the power since it was not on 'full' operating temp? (normally I wait until its around 90°C, but it was freezing cold yesterday evening and I only had time for a small drive with him)
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Power cutout

Post by Cuprabob »

The car limits the revs in neutral. It's a safety measure to prevent it being over revved with no load. Most modern cars do the same as it's not really good for the engine to rev it under a no load condition.
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Re: Power cutout

Post by Zanic L3 »

Cuprabob wrote:The car limits the revs in neutral. It's a safety measure to prevent it being over revved with no load. Most modern cars do the same as it's not really good for the engine to rev it under a no load condition.
Oh yes, I know that it's limited to 4k revs if that is what you are pointing at.

But I revved it once to 4k and then I hit the gas again and it didn't do nothing (like I didn't rev the pedal)

But after that it drove fine and today as well so idk it's probably the computer I guess