Suspension light flashing...

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
matt78
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: Purchased with black alloy wheels, remapped to 255bhp and lowered.

Suspension light flashing...

Post by matt78 »

HI everyone. I purchased some H&R springs that apparently would lower the car between 30-35mm (I chose these because I read that any more then this, and the adaptable suspension wouldn't like it.)

However, when lowered, straight away I could see that it had gone about 50mm! I got in the car expecting to have warning lights, but nothing! I was pleasantly surprised.

The plot thickens. About a week or so later, the light started flashing on the suspension button. It still works though. So, what do you guys think? A dodgy sensor, knocked maybe during the lowering? Or does it just not like being lowered, but despite the flashing, still functions correctly?

By the way, when I first start the car up, the light doesn't flash, until a few minutes of driving.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Suspension light flashing...

Post by Cuprabob »

Check the level sensors on the nearside front and rear wishbones as they are easily damaged. Also check the connections to the accelerometers on the strut tops incase they have been disturbed. Also the connectors are plugged in tight to each one of the shocks.

Otherwise scan the module with VCDS and check what fault code is triggering the light to flash.

You mind find this link interesting,
https://www.my-gti.com/2653/volkswagen- ... d-function" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
matt78

Post by matt78 »

Hi Bob, thanks for that! I do find that interesting reading actually, and I will pass to my mechanic also!
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

I had this a couple times.

its the wiring for the DCC plug, either the plug isnt plugged in properly or the is a break in the wiring. easily fixed by soldering.
Takes longer to remove the wheel and jack the car up than to fix the problem lol
matt78

Post by matt78 »

Oh right, I'll take a look at this, thanks a lot!