engine light on (amber)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
whiteoak
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

engine light on (amber)

Post by whiteoak »

Hi guys.Just completed a 350 trip.Getting back into my car to do a quick message and my engine management light came on.At first I thought there was no difference in the way the car runs but Ive just sat it on my drive and reved the engine and it wont rev past 4000 rpm.Any ideas please......
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Re: engine light on (amber)

Post by Roy_01 »

Fault scan with vcds
risingson
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue

Post by risingson »

I see it's a 1.4 from your other posts, but a post - 2012 one. So hope it's not the misfire problem.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

As said, you need to scan the car to see what fault codes are stored and in particular the one that's triggering the EML.

For reference, if you rev the engine in neutral, it's perfectly normal behaviour for it not to rev over 4k revs. If it doesn't rev over 4k when driving then there is an issue.
lewisheywood
I drive a: R-Line
With a: DSG box

Post by lewisheywood »

Buy Carista, £15 on Amazon will tell you the fault codes with the added bonus of customisations.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
whiteoak
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125

Post by whiteoak »

Thanks for your help.I got the car scanned and it turned out to be an air leak.The small plastic pipe (approx 1cm in diameter)that goes over the top or the engine but underneath the plastic engine cover had split.Apparently its a breather pipe so it has been taped up and the engine light has been wiped and it goes in on Monday for a replacement pipe..Thanks again