Private number plate advice

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
striker200181673
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Private number plate advice

Post by striker200181673 »

Looking for some advice as the internet isn’t throwin up much help. I was presented with a private reg plate for my Roc from my other half. I was named as the nominee on the certificate and assignment fee was prepaid, as well as the plates already being made up. I just had to transfer it to my Roc and wait for the V5C certificate to arrive (which they have). My question is, who actually owns the plates now they are on my car, is it me or is it the grantee/purchaser (other half)? And who has rights to sell it in the future?
thecrofter
I drive a: Scirocco R
With a: DSG box
Options: Tracker, Recaro Seats, Pano Roof, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Black Gloss Folding Mirrors

Re: Private number plate advice

Post by thecrofter »

Technically it’s the DVLA. You’ve bought the right to display it on your car. Assuming you’re the registered keeper of the car with the new plate, you’ll then have the right to transfer or retain the plate in future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.0 TSi 280 R DSG Rising Blue / April 15 - 11 March 20
2.0 TDi 170 DSG R-Line Indium Grey / June 12 - April 15
2.0 GT TDi 170 DSG Salsa Red / May 10 - June 12
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Private number plate advice

Post by Cuprabob »

The plate is technically owned by the Secretary of State and the DVLA manages it on their behalf :)

Once it's assigned to the car the "owner" of the plate becomes whose name is on the V5 for the car. If you put the plate on retention, the Retention document will be in your name, if your name is on the V5.